• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I went and shot at the Eagfle Creek Pistol Range today- my first time there. they sold me on the $6.50/day - which you get when you buy 10 at a time for 65$. I figured that $6.50/day sounded a whole lot better that $20, so I went for it.

Super positive experience overall. The red-shirted NRA instructors were friendly and helpful, and I will definitely be going back. some guy there let me shoot a few of my bullets thru his Glock 19. What a nice ride that was - my first time shooting a Glock.

My groupings got a whole lot better just shooting that gun... :yesway:

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Field King and I went to Attabury and he tried out his Browning A5 Light 12 and I tried out my A5 Light Twenty on some clays. We both fell in Love (not with each other, but with our new bird guns)

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    We have a few INGO'ers heading to Wilbur Wright next Sat. I stocked up on more shotshell and clays for that shoot. Can't wait to make some powder, and spend some range time with the wife and freinds. :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I shot the USPSA Kentucky State Multi-gun match on Friday, then did the score on Saturday. With the heat and the number and difficulty of the stages, I almost died on the range on Friday. Fortunately the club house at ORPCI has a new air conditioner, so yesterday was not too bad.

I shot the first few stages fairly well, but after that the heat, exhaustion, and low blood sugar turned my shooting into a suckfest. I was able to shoot fairly accurately, but I was going about 1/5 of my usual speed, which is pretty darned slow. There was a buttload of movement too, and I was probably going 1/3 of my usual speed for that, which is even slower. So my times sucked more than usual.

I was considering shooting at AtlantaCC today, but it's too much for one weekend (and my mom will execute me if I go).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, the guys in my squad and the match director suggested that I stop for the day and finish the match on Saturday. Unfortunately, as stubborn as I am when I am feeling well, I get even more stubborn when I'm sluggish from the combination of heat/exhaustion/low blood sugar/wacky electrolyte level. I was moving slowly at the end of the day, but I finished the fight.

I didn't miss shooting at ACC yesterday until I saw that you guys went to Applebee's afterward. The fun stuff always happens after the match! Hah!

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Shot at the long range match at Atterbury on Saturday and Sunday.
    30+ shooters on both days. 800, 900 and 1000 yards.
    Had the grass been cut, it would have been a perfect weekend.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The ACC match was a good one. Lot's of Southern Indiana faces up for the match.

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    Shot Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.I shot 1000 22,s 300 .38 specials 100 12 gauge 50 .357. I shot steel, bowling pins, cans, bottles,and paper. Between shooting I went camping, fishing, and drinking. Only caught 3 fish 2 bass 1 bluegill. Perfect weekend. I rested all monday but reloaded some .38 and then had some more beer.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Shot at the long range match at Atterbury on Saturday and Sunday.
    30+ shooters on both days. 800, 900 and 1000 yards.
    Had the grass been cut, it would have been a perfect weekend.

Any time you need some pointers on rifle shooting, give me a call. :D

Top Bottom