• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JusAdSumBellum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Central IN
    I haven't been on here except to browse in awhile but I thought I'd ask if anyone was stocking up for the election season? Not trying to make a political discussion out of this at all but if HRC gets the big chair we can expect some legislation coming down the pipe that's going to make some stuff pretty scarce. Even if she doesnt, prices are going to go through the roof.

I'm thinking about buying stripped lowers as I have the money for them. If there's another whack at a rifle ban those suckers are going to be hot commodities. What do yall think? I've never been a fan of ARs but I figure I'll build one for myself and sell the rest.

I saw this coming in 2012 but didnt take full advantage of it and sold too early. I dont want that to happen again.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I think buying lowers with the intent to sell for a profit is a nice way to get 20 years in club Fed.

Stick to .22 if you want to play the flipping game.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I keep things at a given level so as to survive the droughts/shortages brought on by flippers. I need to say how much I dislike flippers.

No way with all the scrutiny I am diving into selling off any lowers.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I was informed tonight that we do not have enough ammo or components to build same.

Now all I need is money to buy components.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm stocking up on everything I can, but definitely not to sell. The club fed reference above is definitely one to pay attention to.

And about the political part.... I personally don't think HRC is the only one to worry about. IMO 3 of the 4 leading candidates pose a real threat to gun ownership. November is going to be the start of a heck of a drought. I just hope the next run of INGO lowers is all done well before then.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Only on reloading components, would like to have an INGO Lower or 2, else pretty well set. May buy a couple/three LPKs, Trigger Upgrades, etc., over next few months.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    evanasaurusrex said:
    if HRC gets the big chair we can expect some legislation coming down the pipe that's going to make some stuff pretty scarce.

The Executive branch might propose legislation, but unless it has the votes in the Legislative branch it doesn't much matter.

Which is why congressional and Senate races are SO very important.

To the OP's question - yes, a little. 2008/2009 was a blip on the radar but 2013/2014 was a ginormous PITA and after that, "never again".

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Stocking up? Nah, because my son and I ALWAYS stay "stocked up", been doing that since about 20 years ago. We have a fairly large collection of firearms and many thousands of rounds + enough reloading supplies for at least 30 k of additional rounds (less some brass). However as I had stated in a post a couple weeks ago or so, I had been looking for a couple of AR lowers. I had a couple at home but had promised one to my son that collects with me. I had attended at least 4 local gun shows (Lafayette, Kokomo, Tipton) without finding one lower for sale.

Lo and behold at the last GS at Lafayette there were at least 3 vendors selling lowers! I purchased one from the first vendor I found (last one he had) and handed it to my son. A few minutes later we found another vendor with a good supply of Anderson losers, son seen one with "Don't tread on me" inscribed on the lower and liked it, so I purchased it and traded him for the first one. we also purchased a couple of Anderson lower kits.

Now I have 3 lowers in stock with a couple of lower part kits. All I need to do is purchase a few (ha ha) parts to finish them up. Don't know exactly what caliber I want to assemble, not a huge fan of .556, (like high power) but probably will built up at least one in that caliber. Did run into a shotgun I had been looking for at the last Kokomo show Sunday before last. I had been wanting a Browning 12 ga for a while, have a Winchester pump and son and I have a Mossberg 12 Ga 3 1/2" pump (he also has a Mossberg 12 Ga 500 pump, and a 410 or two). My Browning is an A500B model 12Ga, in almost perfect condition. Hope to shoot it in the next week or so.

We attend just about every GS in the area and almost always add to our supplies or firearms at each show, usually buy in Bulk, but only when prices are "reasonable" as we really don't "need" anything.

NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    I try and stay at my "Comfort" level at all times. I do tend to sway more towards the "need to add more ammo" aspect of it. Everything I buy is with intent to keep/use/hoard and not sell.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Why not just buy AR's rather than the lowers? You'd already have a fully assembled gun rather than pieces.

I would assume limited funds. If you only have so much money, the lower is what would be the hardest thing to get during another panic or AWB. If funds aren't a problem I'm sure he would buy a couple complete guns, but unfortunately limited expendable income is an issue for most of us to varying degrees.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I bought some spam over the weekend.
    I might buy some projectiles. Maybe some more primers.

I'm surprisingly well stocked. Could go to the range once a week for a year and wouldn't run out of anything.
    Except maybe 22 mag.

But I have more of a hoarder mentality than a profiteer bent.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Nope.

Planning on selling the rest of what I got if people feel the need to pay me outrageous sums of cash. Buy me a boat:cool: to float around in and relax.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I do 'ammo cost averaging'. I buy a little ammo once a month every month and components including brass a couple times per year. Don't see any reason to stop until basement is full

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why not just buy AR's rather than the lowers? You'd already have a fully assembled gun rather than pieces.

1. For the price of one AR, one can purchase multiple AR lowers. AR lowers are the regulated item, everything else is unregulated and can be purchased through the mail when funds are available.

2. Storage space. In both volume and weight, AR lowers are far more compact and will thus take up less cubic feet in the safe.

3. Place holders. The AR lower, assuming arguendo unfavorable future legislation, serves as a placeholder in grandfathering a la VCCA of 1994.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought some spam over the weekend.
    I might buy some projectiles. Maybe some more primers.

I'm surprisingly well stocked. Could go to the range once a week for a year and wouldn't run out of anything.
    Except maybe 22 mag.

But I have more of a hoarder mentality than a profiteer bent.

I get a decent supply every day. If anyone wants some, PM me your email addy and I'll start forwarding it to you. ;)

Top Bottom