Anyone tried Ammo Armor magazine protectors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anyone tried these yet? https://ammo-armor.com/

Obviously would be slower than drawing from a pouch or holder that is retained in the pocket or on the belt, and you would have to practice a bit to get it down to a fast method (they have a video on their site showing how to do it with one hand and the inner elbow area of the dominant hand holding the pistol). I tend to use a knife or other nylon pouch in the weak side pocket for carrying an extra mag in the pocket rather than something belt mounted, and this might just be a bit better than that. I understand neither method will be quick.

Again, just wondering what other folks are using for pocket carry of the extra mag, if anything. Again, not overly interested in belt carry of extra mag or IWB carry of extra mag. Gun in a hybrid holster (and yes I use a good belt -- Super Bio Belt, as well as a quality IWB holster) and just not wanting more gear IWB. Been pocket carrying extra mag for a couple of decades now.

These seem a little pricey for what they are made of, but like most things firearms related, we often pay for the function more than the cost of goods sold. I'd also rather they didn't have a billboard on the side of them.

AA18a_2b297ecc-3caa-432f-920a-bfe52d75edf3__32416.1546962316.jpg

Top Bottom