• ...and so much more!
  • A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Has anyone tried/own the Walther PPQ yet? I'm thinking about adding another pistol to my collection, I already have the Walther P99 .40cal and a beautiful little Kimber .45, I plink with my 1911 .22LR and I have a spare Bersa .380 at home.

Any feedback would be great, thanks in advance.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I own one and have fired ~1000 rounds through it. Very, very accurate, more snap than a G19, incredible ergonomics, awesome controls, fires any type of ammo, looks badass, comfortable to carry, .1" trigger reset, 5 lbs tigger pull. It's a machine gun pistol. No issues with the gun so far. Any questions?

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I own one and have fired ~1000 rounds through it. Very, very accurate, more snap than a G19, incredible ergonomics, awesome controls, fires any type of ammo, looks badass, comfortable to carry, .1" trigger reset, 5 lbs tigger pull. It's a machine gun pistol. No issues with the gun so far. Any questions?

How much was yours? I'm thinking about putting one on layaway in the next few months. Would you reccomend the 9mm over the 40S&W? I really like the 40 round, but it would be nice to add a 9mm to my collection.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I purchased mine from Jetguns, great online sellers, free 2 day shipping, nice guys and so on. Anyhow, after FFL fees, I payed a total of 550 for mine. Not to bad since the locals wanted to charge me between 600-800 after taxes. I've seen them as low as 430, in a sale paper, but it was a two tone (black slide, green frame). I wish I had a chance to fire the .40, I find the PPQ to be more controllable with heavier rounds. I use 147 grain right now for carry, and practice when I can find them, and I'm very satisfied with the feel. My point being, I would think the .40 to be a very smooth shot, more like a .45 push than a sharp 9mm snap. I don't know where you live, but I would be more then happy to meet you at a range so that you could try my 9mm out. I'll take any reason, at all, to go shooting. :D I live in the Lake County area. PM me if you're interested, I don't mind driving either. Most ranges are about 1-1.5 hours from me anyhow.

Oh, and I always see the .40 on sale for less. Last I checked, Jetguns. . .ehhhh. . .f&*k it, I just set up a link. :D

http://www.jetguns.com/walther-ppq-40sw-4-synth-grip-12r-p-3043.html

I would absolutely buy from them again.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I'll keep your offer in mind, I know if I go, I'll end up buying a PPQ right away, so I may have to wait a bit til I'm closer to buying. That's very tempting, it I didn't have alot of stuff on my plate, I would definately pick one up right now... and thank you for the link, I will bookmark that for future use, looks to be some great prices. Thanks!

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area

Just curious about why it is snappier than a Glock 19? I have been considering one also.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    ^
    I imagine several factors play into it. It's brand new so the spring is just beginning to wear in. Weight distributuon? Because I find it to be snappier? I'm not completely sure why it is, but all of my range buddies agree with me. I think it's also a grip thing. The handle is ergonomic rather than a slightly angular stick of polymer i.e. the glock. You may have to retrain your grip, and finding the right back strap is important. I noticed a difference in accuracy when I went from a medium to small back strap, as in I became more accurate with it. Just recently I found that my sights came out of the factory shooting upper left by 2" at 10 yards. I used one of those laser shells to align it and most of my issues went away. It's great these things adjust windage with a flat head screw driver. I can post a range pic if someone wants to see.

Top Bottom