Anyone up for an OPEN CARRY night at the end of January?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My cigar lounges have not hosted any Open Carry nights since October.

Anyone want to do another OPEN CARRY CIGAR NIGHT. :dunno: I think I can get a cigar company to host one at the end of this month.

Location would be in Cedar Lake (Lake County).

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I live in Jeffersonville, which is just across the river from Louisville, KY I would love to have a OC walk event, anyone know of anything that goes on down this way?

INGunGuy

Plan it and they will come!

At the first OC walk that was in Indy there were guys that came from Cinncinatti, just don't have it in 30 degree weather:)

toddk

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Lake / Porter Co
    This would be interesting, Never heard of anything like this...
    Is this to meet other gun owners? Or is it for other reasons?

Also, what is the name of your club?

Thanks

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    This would be interesting, Never heard of anything like this...
    Is this to meet other gun owners? Or is it for other reasons?

Also, what is the name of your club?

Thanks
    Yes it started to meet other INGO members. I own some small cigar shops and am friends with a proGun cigar representative who sponsors these with free cigars. Basically INGO members show up and talk guns. Cigar smoking is OPTIONAL. There is no cost to attend. I provide free coffee and bottled water. Usually some bar snacks too. Typically about 15 to 30 INGO members show up.

By the way we have a small group that shows up every Wednesday for cigar lunches at the US30 location in Schererville. You would be welcome to come to any of those. Typically 3 to 8 attend those.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just a friendly get together is what these are. We sit around and talk guns. Many of us smoke cigars, some do not. It just sort of a meet & greet type event for adults. We get some ladies, but its mostly guys. They are held during normal store hours and there will be some non-gunners who show up for the cigars, some of those folks will stop and ask questions of the INGO group, some have questioned the safety of the events . . . one guy said he was uncomfortable and asked one of my clerks if she was afraid with all the guns in the store and she said "heck no, this is the safest store in the county tonight!"

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Interested! I tried smoking some cigars and I always wanted one with a sweet aroma - never found one. Perhaps some INGO folks can be of help.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Interested! I tried smoking some cigars and I always wanted one with a sweet aroma - never found one. Perhaps some INGO folks can be of help.

Im no cigar expert, just a very casual smoker. Very, very casual. Try some of the coffee infused cigars. Most are very sweet, while not completely obscuring the tobacco flavor/scent.

While on the subject, is there a thread in the Break Room on cigars? We all know how the search function is, so someone in this thread is probably more likely to be able to help find it.

To the OP, I would love to come if it is on a Friday night. It is a bit of a drive (not terrible though), so I wouldnt want to do it on a weekday and have to go to work the next day. Other than that, I am in. I would love to talk guns and learn a bit more about cigars.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    Hey guys - might be interested. Long way up from Indy area, but I have relatives in the area. I've been to the smoke shop there near Pine Island. Nice place, good selection...would love to come share a smoke.

Top Bottom