• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    We have the RCBS trim station, but we haven't used it much the last couple of years.
    After a buddy bought one of these GTC Home There's no need for the case prep station. It trims, and de-burrs all at the same time.
    I've never used one but the little crow trimmer does the same thing, you chuck it in a drill, Its caliber specific, so you need one for each size. plus its cheaper.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    A friend loaned me his RCBS trim station to process 100 .308 WIN brass. It was OK, I didn't think it was as precise as my old case trimmer but it made cleaning and deburring the primer pocket/flash hole quicker. But I learned to be cautious of how long and at what angle I held the case at that station, I managed to elongate a few cases to the extent that the primer fell out.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I have the RCBS case prep station and use it infrequently. However, when I have trimmed a large number of cases, it makes chamfering and deburring a lot faster.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have the RCBS. Comes in handy after the WFT when making 300BLK brass. Works good cleaning primer pockets too.

Like others have said could live without it especially if you have a decent drill press to adapt to things. If you have some extra money like I did for graduation and birthday grab one up. Nice to have and speeds things up.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would say it depends like anything else. On volume and tasks you need to do and budget. I wait for a sale coupled with rebate ans Cabelas points. Pretty much stole it.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I do lots of building wildcat ammo(6mm VarTarg Turbo-270JDJ,etc)------that equals lots of trimming,chamfering,pocket cleaning,etc.----------I bought the Hornady"Lock-N-Load"power case prep center---a little pricey but,in my opinion well worth it.

tallend

rxer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    Crown Point
    Have the Lyman. Used it a few times. Nice that it does everything without having to change out the parts to do different step.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I do lots of building wildcat ammo(6mm VarTarg Turbo-270JDJ,etc)------that equals lots of trimming,chamfering,pocket cleaning,etc.----------I bought the Hornady"Lock-N-Load"power case prep center---a little pricey but,in my opinion well worth it.

tallend

I have the Hornady LNL power case prep center. It is the bomb.

ginger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Spencer Co.
    I had a Forester original when I first started but recently upgraded to a Frankford Arsenal platinum trimming station for bottle neck cartridges. Saves a ton of time

Indyfishyak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Like my Lyman. Have not used the RCBS before. It works really well when taking crimps out of primer pockets it can bog down the motor also in the Long run a bit worried about brass getting in the drives for the tools as they are on the horizontal surface not the vertical surface.

Top Bottom