• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Look, several here have given you very good suggestions for EXACTLY what you asked for. Since none have solved your problem, commission a nylon company to make EXACTLY what you want, OR, throw your stuff in your wife’s beach bag? It’s now come down to you know exactly what you want, but it doesn’t exist in reality, so, take the reins and have it built.

Thanks for your suggestion and advice .......but I think I will keep looking . I`m sure the perfect pack for my needs is out there with some further searching .....
    Appreciate all of the suggestions thus far .

BTW - I`m not looking for Nylon .

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I understand OP is looking for a sling pack, but this fanny pack set up may be a solution to the constraints of your situation, even though it's not a shoulder sling pack.

So I spend most of my time on a college campus, and most of my commuting around campus is done walking or cycling. I carry with a proper IWB holster sometimes, but much of my carrying is done with a fanny pack setup. This setup is great because it keeps your stuff around your waist and pants pockets (where it would normally be) and you don't have to physically adjust or mess with it to take stuff out, like you might have to with a sling pack. It's also the direct opposite of tacticool. Detailed pictures will be on the following post to help explain all this

My friend owns a fashion company that has become pretty successful. Mostly "designer" products which actually fits my purpose perfectly -- tons of kids on campus are walking around with designer shoulder bags and fanny packs and such, so no one looks twice at me. Hence the designer look of the fanny pack. I've literally gotten tons of compliments on the bag from AI's, students, you name it, all while the gun was inside it, and they were none the wiser while they were staring at it. You could copy this idea to any bag with similar design though, it's not specific to the exact bag, so it can still help someone out there.

Pretty standard fanny pack with 1 large main pocket where I keep wallet, keys, phone, light, etc. Then a smaller pocket where I keep the gun and only the gun. In this bag, I have used primarily a Sig P365, also have used Glock 43.

I keep my gun in one zippered section all by itself, in a kydex trigger guard holster. The lanyard for the trigger guard has been cut down to the shortest possible length, and it comes out from the zipper opening to tie around the waist strap of the fanny pack. So when the gun is drawn from the fanny pack the trigger guard will snap off. Definitely takes some extra range time to get used to, as it's a totally different draw.

The first range trip with this set up provided some issues -- I practically had to pull the gun up near my head to get the trigger guard to snap off. Ever since I cut down the lanyard to the shortest possible length, and also developed the muscle memory to pull the gun high enough each time (now just under the pectoral instead of up near the head) it has been totally reliable for me to de-attach the trigger guard. Each range trip over this school year I've practiced with this setup, no mishaps since the first range trip.

The biggest upside to this setup is comfort and concealability. The biggest downside is a much slower draw than any traditional holster, but I imagine that's also a downside with any sling pack setup.

Here are some pictures:

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    6d60e7c2411593989c566957d3efbf33.jpg
    4308be7c0ecb7e47a474bb21aee9b197.jpg
    d15a695f81793521918b72180e067143.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I understand OP is looking for a sling pack, but this fanny pack set up may be a solution to the constraints of your situation, even though it's not a shoulder sling pack.

So I spend most of my time on a college campus, and most of my commuting around campus is done walking or cycling. I carry with a proper IWB holster sometimes, but much of my carrying is done with a fanny pack setup. This setup is great because it keeps your stuff around your waist and pants pockets (where it would normally be) and you don't have to physically adjust or mess with it to take stuff out, like you might have to with a sling pack. It's also the direct opposite of tacticool. Detailed pictures will be on the following post to help explain all this

My friend owns a fashion company that has become pretty successful. Mostly "designer" products which actually fits my purpose perfectly -- tons of kids on campus are walking around with designer shoulder bags and fanny packs and such, so no one looks twice at me. Hence the designer look of the fanny pack. I've literally gotten tons of compliments on the bag from AI's, students, you name it, all while the gun was inside it, and they were none the wiser while they were staring at it. You could copy this idea to any bag with similar design though, it's not specific to the exact bag, so it can still help someone out there.

Pretty standard fanny pack with 1 large main pocket where I keep wallet, keys, phone, light, etc. Then a smaller pocket where I keep the gun and only the gun. In this bag, I have used primarily a Sig P365, also have used Glock 43.

I keep my gun in one zippered section all by itself, in a kydex trigger guard holster. The lanyard for the trigger guard has been cut down to the shortest possible length, and it comes out from the zipper opening to tie around the waist strap of the fanny pack. So when the gun is drawn from the fanny pack the trigger guard will snap off. Definitely takes some extra range time to get used to, as it's a totally different draw.

The first range trip with this set up provided some issues -- I practically had to pull the gun up near my head to get the trigger guard to snap off. Ever since I cut down the lanyard to the shortest possible length, and also developed the muscle memory to pull the gun high enough each time (now just under the pectoral instead of up near the head) it has been totally reliable for me to de-attach the trigger guard. Each range trip over this school year I've practiced with this setup, no mishaps since the first range trip.

The biggest upside to this setup is comfort and concealability. The biggest downside is a much slower draw than any traditional holster, but I imagine that's also a downside with any sling pack setup.

Here are some pictures:

After a lot of searching and suggestions, and I stated earlier, I did not count out a Fanny Pack . Most of the Sling packs were just too large for what I planned on carrying , and not ever carried one , wondered how awkward it may be trying to access items .
    Also , I did not mention that I am a Lefty, and quite a few of the possible small packs I liked were designed around a right hand use .
    I do like the Generic look of the pack you shared and the option of the "pull away lanyard" . I was thinking I may see how a Sticky Holster may work in one . ( may have to throw in a few stitches or velcro to hold it in place ? )
    After reading pros and cons of a sling pack and Fanny packs , a pack on your back could potentially be snatched easier ( run up from behind ? )
    I`m sure the draw time isn`t the greatest with either , but could add an extended pull loop on the zipper for a bit faster access .
    Not that it could not happen , but am not expecting a quick draw contest with a bad guy , just looking for some security if something does breaks out .
    A two way zipper would make the one you shared , a little more Left Hand friendly .......
    Do you have a link to the Co. that makes these ? Looks pretty durable ( Canvas ? )
    Thanks for Sharing

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Also , I did not mention that I am a Lefty, and quite a few of the possible small packs I liked were designed around a right hand use .
    I do like the Generic look of the pack you shared and the option of the "pull away lanyard" . I was thinking I may see how a Sticky Holster may work in one . ( may have to throw in a few stitches or velcro to hold it in place ? )
    I`m sure the draw time isn`t the greatest with either , but could add an extended pull loop on the zipper for a bit faster access .
    Not that it could not happen , but am not expecting a quick draw contest with a bad guy , just looking for some security if something does breaks out .
    A two way zipper would make the one you shared , a little more Left Hand friendly .......
    Do you have a link to the Co. that makes these ? Looks pretty durable ( Canvas ? )
    Thanks for Sharing

I think a sticky holster stitched into a fanny pack would work well -- for my purposes, ever since i cut down the paracord of the trigger guard holster, I haven't had a reason to find a different way of protecting the trigger.

I didn't think about the ambidextrousness -- this bag favors a right handed person for sure.

The company is called Kito -- admittedly, everything is overpriced, and you'll see if you click on the link that the products are definitely not geared towards our purposes, more for the young postmodern fashionista :):.but on the bright side, if you bought one, you'd be supporting a local business and one of my old friends since Boy Scouts! The bag is $50. A lot but it is well made. In all honestly I would put the true value, or what I consider would be a more reasonable price, somewhere around $30... for retail of $50 you'd be paying for a little bit more than what you are actually getting.

I can't say for sure what the bag materials are -- I think nylon and polyester? It seems very well made. The most worn areas are where the magazine base pushes against the fabric, and the lining between the main pocket and the gun pocket -- some loose threads but no chance it will tear anytime soon. Pictures included next post. I certainly don't worry that if someone grabbed at the bag it would fall apart or tear.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    261f71994d8f00534d36e82e9cc110ce.jpg

The loose threads to the left of the tiny zipper is where the magazine base pushes out slightly. Basically nothing. Also I liked your extended zipper loop idea and put that geissele swag pack to use

3f2f884ee95304f7208ff27b58a63596.jpg

This is the lining between the pockets. Looks pretty worn in the picture but judging by feel, I’m not worried about it

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Thanks for the Link , I will at least check them out ........
    Still looks durable enough , yours looks broke in . :): Nothing wrong with that .
    That bag definitely doesn`t say " Gun Inside " ..........Just what I`m looking for .:yesway:

Top Bottom