• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Went to their site to finally check it out. No pricing available unless you give your email. I know the whole concept and everything, all I want to know is it worth whatever it costs for membership?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Went to their site to finally check it out. No pricing available unless you give your email. I know the whole concept and everything, all I want to know is it worth whatever it costs for membership?

I've used it some in the past and been satisfied with their recommendations.
    It sure beats randomly calling somebody from the Yellow Pages.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    It is the first place we look for reviews. Cost can be justifed with just one wrong decision. I think we pay less than $40 a year. Medical reviews are an additional cost, as are additional locations.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You can put in a bogus email with your zip and it will show the proper pricing on the screen as long as there is not already an account associated with that email address... I just did it.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Companies who are advertising must also offer a discount to members. If you spend $40 for the service and save hundreds by hiring top rated guys, why not? Plus, it's an Indiana company.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I've used it quite a bit in the last few years. Service from the people I've hired has been hit and miss which isn't angies list fault. Although I must say I'm extremely picky about the work getting do to my house. If the discounts that service providers are accurate, not artificially jacked up and then discounted, then i have more than paid for my membership fees. Often times it's much easier to find companies on there than through the yellow pages.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I used to work there. Yes, a LOT of people use it. Advertisers are vetted, aren't allowed to advertise unless they have a minimum number of good reviews, and if their grade drops below a B their ad gets yanked. Also they all have to pass a criminal background check.

If you want to do everything you can to make sure you hire the right company the first time it's well worth it. But don't forget that quality costs.

I'm still a member and we hire everybody off Angie's List.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I just call my friend that has Angie's List and ask her - 9 times out of 10 she's already hired somebody to do what I need done and she just tells me who she used. I think maybe 1 time out of 10 she's actually looked on Angie's list for me.

As a home-owner it's a fantastic service. If I didn't own a home... Well... I probably wouldn't need it at all.

That said she did just move to California so it looks like I'll be needing my own Angie's List account.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I use it. I just renewed my membership for about $5. There are membership deals to be had occasionally. I found mine through Brads Deals. Google it. Or google Angie's list deals.

p.s. I mainly use it with their 'Big Deals' which tells you upfront what you are going to pay.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about.
    http://www.bradsdeals.com/stores/angies-list

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I've used it some in the past and been satisfied with their recommendations.
    It sure beats randomly calling somebody from the Yellow Pages.
    This is my experience as well.

I no longer pay for the service since I have established relationships/positive experiences with just about every kind of service provider one might need. But in the early days it was helpful.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Only experience I have is knowing of a company that is on there that looks great from a ways but hires and sends felons inside your home to work with not even so much as a question asked. I would skip on the warm fuzzy feelings that are had from their. Having said that every time I have used a friend of a friend orsomeone who does something on the side I have been screwed to the point that I just assume use a pro and have it done the first time.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    After which, taste your tongue, hear your ear, then report back before you do either.......I'm waiting.....
    Well, I haven't joined, they sent me a 40% discount code. Since it appears they discount regularly, I'll probably just wait until I need something I can't either do/fix myself. The discounts sound interesting, though.

FZ-The last time I tasted my tongue, it just tasted like blood!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm going to look on Angie's list to see the reviews of Angie's list.

:joke:

Rather humorous statement there, a few months ago I read an article that said that Angie's top executives were under investigation for falsifying performance reports in order to make the company look more profitable to investors. Ironic isn't it?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Rather humorous statement there, a few months ago I read an article that said that Angie's top executives were under investigation for falsifying performance reports in order to make the company look more profitable to investors. Ironic isn't it?

And so what were the results of that investigation? Did anyone get in trouble for securities fraud, or insider trading, or manipulation, or anything?

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Been a member for a year now and like it a lot. I like the fact it gives you business reviews of places that don't advertise so you have a way of finding small businesses that have good ratings that I would have never found about without Angie's List.:yesway:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom