• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Love them. I purchased a 10/22 that was setup for Appleseed by a fellow INGO member. I love the tech sights. I have 3 Rugers and other .22's and the rifle with tech sights is my favorite to shoot between 25 to 50 yards. I wouldn't want the gun to be my only 22, but I really enjoy having it in my collection.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    Love them. I purchased a 10/22 that was setup for Appleseed by a fellow INGO member. I love the tech sights. I have 3 Rugers and other .22's and the rifle with tech sights is my favorite to shoot between 25 to 50 yards. I wouldn't want the gun to be my only 22, but I really enjoy having it in my collection.

thanks for the input
    any others?

Dss21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    I have them on a 10/22 and really like them. I think it will increase your sight radius about 6 inches also.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I like mine on my 10/22... HOWEVER, they seem a little flimsy. The front site is so high. I feel like I really have to be careful not to bump the it on anything for fear of having it bend or come loose. I like my guns to be durable. I want to know if I drop it, it will pick up and be 100%. So, my 10/22 with tech sites is fun to shoot at the range, but I wouldn't want to rely on it.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    I like mine on my 10/22... HOWEVER, they seem a little flimsy. The front site is so high. I feel like I really have to be careful not to bump the it on anything for fear of having it bend or come loose. I like my guns to be durable. I want to know if I drop it, it will pick up and be 100%. So, my 10/22 with tech sites is fun to shoot at the range, but I wouldn't want to rely on it.

anyone have anything to say on this?

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    ^
    ^
    ^

This. On the clamping screw. I don't know about the 10-22 techsight, but the Marlin front sight has some pretty beefy ears protecting the post from being damaged/bent.

Yes, do use locktite. I did, but they still came apart on my forth range trip (including an appleseed)... I reapplied the locktite and have been good ever since.

The ears protecting the post are plastic (on the version I have). They will protect the post, but only to the extent that they hold up. Mine are a little bent. Maybe I'm just hard on them.:dunno:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I really like them on my SKS. I have the TS200 (elevation adjustable) and I think it is a bit overkill for the SKS. I think the standard sight would be sufficient, with the slightly larger apperature.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I have them on a Marlin 795 and they are great. Definitely use locktite on the rear sight clamp screw. The only downside is they cost almost as much as the rifle I put them on.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    mine

I have a set on a CZ 452 Full stock. I've not had them come loose but haven't used them hard. I drilled out the aperture on mine. Needed more light coming thru for hunting squirrels in the dim woods. I like them.:yesway:

Top Bottom