• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all, title says it all. Does anyone use truglo tritium fiber optic (tfo) sights on a glock 34 or 35? Do they work well with the slide cutout-- front sight I mean?
    Are they reliable?
    Anyone near Blommington do sight installs?

I'm really debating these on both my g23 and g 34.
    If anyone wants to pursuade me otherwise (other brand/type of nightsight), I'm all ears.

Thanks,
    Tony

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I like Ameriglo I-Dots, but night sight choice is largely personal preference. The TFO's are not great for one-handed manipulations as you can't really catch the rear sight on a pocket or belt loop to cycle the slide as well as other designs.

Nelg

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Elkhart
    I have them on my G27 and G19 and I love them. I bought a sight pusher from the Glock Store for $60. most shops will usually install for free if you buy them at their store. I purchased mine from ebay for $70 each. That saved me enough $$$ to pay for the pusher.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Thanks for the input.
    Any other TFO users out there?
    The end goal is to have a do-everything gun (home, range, perhaps competition, etc)

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    the couple of people I've known that have used them have had them come apart in a few hundred to a couple thousand rounds... that was a few yrs ago when they were newer, maybe they have improved.

-rvb

Nelg

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Elkhart
    the couple of people I've known that have used them have had them come apart in a few hundred to a couple thousand rounds... that was a few yrs ago when they were newer, maybe they have improved.

-rvb

Come apart??? ut oh that doesn't sound good to me :dunno:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had TFO's and I would not recommend them or I would use them again, I like the concept of the sights but they are not rugged enough to be on a defensive handgun. I put some Trijicon HD's on my 34 and they are outstanding.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I was researching them awhile ago and found a lot of instances of the fiber optic falling out, but it was on the older/cheaper models with plastic frames on the rear sight. The newer ones that are encased in steel seem to have a lot fewer complaints.

Also the rack off a boot just fine. The front is rounded so maybe chezuki is right about manipulating them in some conditions, but they seem functional to me...at least in messing with them at my house. :twocents:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I was researching them awhile ago and found a lot of instances of the fiber optic falling out, but it was on the older/cheaper models with plastic frames on the rear sight. The newer ones that are encased in steel seem to have a lot fewer complaints.

Also the rack off a boot just fine. The front is rounded so maybe chezuki is right about manipulating them in some conditions, but they seem functional to me...at least in messing with them at my house. :twocents:

I would have to ask my buddy that tried them since I don't trust my memory, but I think it was the tritium on the front that came out on his. He continued to use them in idpa w/ the fiber only.

-rvb

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    New sets have a shorter front sight and they don't extend over the cutout.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

good to know........I wish they would sell the front sights separate, I like a plain black rear with a fiber optic front, a TFO front sight only would be great.

Chip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Our department authorized them and the few guys that put them on loved them. We actually never had a durability issue but the tritium seemed pretty weak.

Top Bottom