• Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Something like this???
    1988 Ford F250 Service Manual | Tricia Joy

Or this... Site looks the same, but different address...
    1988 Ford F250 Repair Manual - Omkarmin.Com

I have looked into it before. They want you to register with all your info.

They do seem to have a lot of manuals but just smells like a scam.

Any place to get parts breakdowns?? Like wiring diagrams for cars/trucks???

I tried all data DIY but it is for one car and I work on a few. If you get the unlimited membership is is really expensive.

I have a large collection of the Chilton big books. I don't think they make them anymore. Seemed to fizzle about 2005 or so. They want you to buy the little books, the model specific ones.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Something like this???
    1988 Ford F250 Service Manual | Tricia Joy

Or this... Site looks the same, but different address...
    1988 Ford F250 Repair Manual - Omkarmin.Com

I have looked into it before. They want you to register with all your info.

They do seem to have a lot of manuals but just smells like a scam.

Any place to get parts breakdowns?? Like wiring diagrams for cars/trucks???

I tried all data DIY but it is for one car and I work on a few. If you get the unlimited membership is is really expensive.

I have a large collection of the Chilton big books. I don't think they make them anymore. Seemed to fizzle about 2005 or so. They want you to buy the little books, the model specific ones.

These days I've been able to find anything I need with some Google-Fu. Anything from walk-throughs to schematics, photos, diagrams and even videos of processes. It's all out there, but it just takes a bit of practice to find it.

I'll even cover my iPad with Saran wrap and have it right there in the engine bay like those old greasy Chilton's. :rockwoot:

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Just kidding I use google for diagrams or specs or whatever.

I do too... But some of the stuff I get into always seem to be a lot more complicated than what google has to offer. Like the other day when I had a 95? Buick lesabre with a battery drain. The climate control was staying on. I needed the diagram to find out how it is getting power with the fuse pulled. Several hours of searching on the net would just get me the blower info for the non climate control or misc diagrams that were not relevant. It also would give several of these sites, that I was unsure about.

Finally figured it out. It was the air ride suspension. It used a hot all the time and a hot in run, that ran off the the climate control fuse. It shorted and was back feeding the climate system. If I had the right diagram it would have saved me 2 days of pulling the dash and tracing all the wires.

Top Bottom