• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Just came today.....I have it and 19 mags ready for NFA day!!!

All original uncut 1943 Guide Lamp M3A1 SMG. Made right here in good ol' Indiana!!!

DSC_3947.jpg

DSC_3949.jpg

DSC_3951.jpg

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Thats cool. I live in Anderson and remember when they tore down the guide lamp plant. They found a box of these and had to turn them over to BATF. Stories are told how there may be several hundered around Anderson from workers bringing parts home. Suppose someone bought an old house and found one of these stashed up in the wall, probably no legal way of keeping it?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Thats cool. I live in Anderson and remember when they tore down the guide lamp plant. They found a box of these and had to turn them over to BATF.

That story is partially true.....

They found a box of them, called the ATF, ATF told them to register them, APD never did (1950's), fast forward 60 years, highest SOT bidder bought them for lots of money but lots lots lots less then they would have been worth registered, highest SOT bidder & APD had the guns de-milled per ATF's order and then sold them. Ask me how I know.... ;)

This is NOT one of those guns. This is a late 1980's CAI imported post-86 dealer sample. That is what the stamping is above and behind the ejection port on the left side.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

They found a box of them, called the ATF, ATF told them to register them, APD never did (1950's), fast forward 60 years, highest SOT bidder bought them for lots of money but lots lots lots less then they would have been worth registered, highest SOT bidder & APD had the guns de-milled per ATF's order and then sold them. Ask me how I know.... ;)

This is NOT one of those guns. This is a late 1980's CAI imported post-86 dealer sample. That is what the stamping is above and behind the ejection port on the left side.

I think I know how you know.;) What is SOT?
    So they found them in 1950? The newspaper made it sound like they were found during demolition. Now I am really confused.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    The story I was told was the people that took over the company after it stopped being the Guide Lamp that built weapons and started being the Guide Lamp that built other things found them. As in when the Grease Gun production stopped. Not sure the exact time frame but it would have been after the Korean War I am guessing. Maybe before?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

I believe you know from the horribly depressing picture you posted of Monkey cutting them:(

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Looks awesome! My curious question is how do you pull the bolt back? I don't see a charging or anything of that nature...

On the M3 it has a little crank on the side that actuates the bolt, on the M3A1 (this one) you simply left the ejection cover, put your finger in a slot in the bolt and pull back. Then the cover being closed is the safety and prevents the bolt from moving from the rear position.

cs

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    On the M3 it has a little crank on the side that actuates the bolt, on the M3A1 (this one) you simply left the ejection cover, put your finger in a slot in the bolt and pull back. Then the cover being closed is the safety and prevents the bolt from moving from the rear position.

cs

That would explain why I don't see anything then! Awesome piece of history!!!

Top Bottom