Anyone want to help me assemble a lower?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    My delton kit finally arrived and I want to get this thing built. I am sure that I can handle following the ar15.com directions, however I have no tools.

I tried using a screw driver as a hammer and its just not working out :dunno:

Anyone around the west side of Indy want to help a fellow ingo'er out by lending punches / small hammer / any special sauce tools you might have, or by meeting up with me somewhere.

I live right near Marion county fish and game so we could meet up there or anywhere else that works better for you!

I don't have much to offer, but I can do computer stuff / networking and I always come prepared with some frosty cold Sam Adams ;)

Thanks,
    Zac

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I'm more than happy to "teach" you, my place, my tools, no charge..:)

baune

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    North side of Indy
    you really don't need the fancy tools and punches they say. I got a nail puch set for $3 at Menards which worked perfect, and a rubber/resin face mallet hammer for about $5. Put my lower together perfectly with those tools, and not one single scratch on the receiver.
    I am now working on my upper, which will require me to get a barrel/stock wrench for about $15, and a torque wrench for about $25.
    If you want some help putting that together, I'm on the west side of Indy, usually have nothing better to do than look at gun stuff on here.

bdwarr6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Looks like I am meeting up with JcJ on Saturday. Thanks for all the offers though! INGO is a great place!

If I would have saw this earlier I would have posted, I am right over by fish and game, and off work all week. If you or anyone else needs any help feel free to ask, Ive built about 5 of them to date. Mike and I have one tool that can be used to attach a buttstock but no barrel wrench, or barrel vice brace

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    You can do it very easily with tools that you already have. You really just need a pair of needle nose pliers, Hammer and screwdriver. If you tape up your hammer and lower when setting the bolt release pin, you won't cause any damage (scratches). Check out the free videos at Brownells. They will walk you through the steps. You'll be amazed at how easy and simple it is. Just take your time and follow the steps.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    First post said he had, "no tools." Not sure if we are to take that literally, or whether he meant, no "special" tools. I can't imagine building one with nothing but my bare hands. ;)

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Okay, if he doesn't have pair of needle nose pliers, Hammer and screwdriver.

I would recommend that he buys those first before building any AR.

So if he only has his bare hands, then buy a hammer before an AR :)

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I don't actually own a hammer :ugh:

Never really needed one either. Apartment living kind of sucks, no place to store stuff, no place for a work bench, annoying neighbors that complain about nothing...

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I'm going to send you home with a hammer, everyone needs a hammer, or ten....:D

:bash:

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Check out the free videos at Brownells. They will walk you through the steps. You'll be amazed at how easy and simple it is. Just take your time and follow the steps.

Wow, those videos are pretty slick. I knew I could put together a lower, but now I'm convinced I can do an upper as well.

Top Bottom