• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • driver4562

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    West side of Indy
    I have been looking at chiappa rhino and considering buying one. I am looking to see if anyone has one. I am mainly looking at/for a 2 inch barrel in 357 mag. I would like to test fire one before I buy one. My offer is to shoot about half a box of 357 ammo and and let the you have the rest.

I am on the NW side of Indianapolis. Member of Marion county fish and game. You can pm me or post here if you want. Thanks for reading and helping me out.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    My wife has the 4" version. I'm sure we could meet sometime. She put the smaller 20DS rubber grip on hers, so it feels more like the 2".
    The 40DS does shoot very well, I've never tried the 20DS.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've got the 2" Rhino and it is my dedicated vehicle weapon. My advice would be to buy one. Everyone who shoots mine is amazed at the lack of muzzle flip from a 2" .357. It does have some recoil, but it is very manageable and fun to shoot. Accuracy is good and I haven't had any problems with the weapon.

I bought some Sellior & Bellot range ammo and some of the bullets weren't crimped enough to keep them from creeping forward in the cases. After 3-4 rounds, the bullets would drag against the barrel, making it difficult to align the cylinder and fire the next round. That is the only issue and it was completely ammo related.

I made a wallet holster for my Rhino and carried it in the hip pocket of my jeans. It concealed and carried well. The piece fits perfectly in the center recess of my dash, just in front of the shift lever. When I leave the car, the Rhino goes into a pocket and back in the center console when I return.

The smaller grips look odd but they feel fine and provide good grip. I thought about trying some bigger grips but I think it would make it harder to conceal the weapon.

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    Sorry, partner: I have one, but I'm in New Mexico! :)

17dec11002.jpg

I've sure let a lot of people shoot it, and they all seemed to think it was pretty neat. Here's a link to a thread on another forum that I put up about it when I bought it a couple of years ago:

Charged a Rhino - Handguns and Ammunition Forums

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Gunslingers in Michigan has one for sale.

RHINO1_450.JPG
    RHINO2_450.JPG

Specifications:
    Revolver RHINO 50DS 5" barrel
    Cal.357 mag
    6 ROUNDS
    Black Finish
    Adjustable rear sight
    Fiber optic front sight

The new Chiappa Rhino has revolutionized the revolver with a patented design that tames the prehistoric characteristic that most revolvers possess.
    The new Chiappa Rhino barrel is aligned with the bottom most chamber which is the key component to Rhino's tame characteristics. The position of the barrel lowers the center of gravity and yields a centerline of the bore more in line with the shooter's arm allowing for the most natural "point ability" while engaging a target. This characteristic also drastically reduces both recoil and muzzle flip which insures subsequent shots to be on target faster than ever before. The reduction of the recoil allows for the use of ultra light alloys to be used in the construction of the Rhino minimizing any adverse effect. The flat sided cylinder design of the Rhino reduces the typical revolver profile allowing greater concealment. the Rhino is truly a multipurpose handgun capable of reliable defensive duty, scoring ten rings, and taking game. Featuring both double and single action characteristics, the single action is actuated by a hammer cocking device that engages the unexposed hammer to prepare to fire.
    List price $870.00 In Stock!

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    Gun store across the street from my office in Santa Fe has a 4"er as well. :) They don't seem super difficult to find. Nifty guns - the reduction in recoil and attendant rapidity of follow-up shots is pretty remarkable, especially in such a light gun. The 25-ounce Rhino snub is more controllable than my 4" GP-100.

Top Bottom