• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I hear Glock is manufacturing in America now, correct? Are they completely stopping production in Austria or just adding production here too?

Has anyone stress tested two new Glocks, on Austrian made and one American made yet? Are places carrying American made ones yet?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm interested in a Glock 26 for when I finally get my LTCH and am wondering if I should go out of my way to get one made in a particular location or not.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've been looking for an American made Glock 19 at a LGS that I can put on layaway. There's one for sale in the classifieds but it's too far for me to drive and I just don't have the cash right now.

From everything I've read, watched on YouTube, there's no difference in quality or performance.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have a Glock 17 Gen4 made in GA. I can't tell any difference between the Austrian and Georgia-made ones except for the markings.

Me too (G-4 17) and I can't see any difference either.. Easy to spot, they have 4 letters and 3 numbers in the SN.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    'Merica!

glock19_gunsAMERICANFLAG01.jpg

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I am new to Glock's myself, got my first a couple months ago in a drawing; G26 G4 Austria made. I really love the gun, I am not going to replace my S&W's but it is a great gun. "Glock Talk" will give you a lot of information about them and is where I get most of mine. One thing not terribly noticeable different is the slide finish. Can't remember the name of it but it is different because of EPA concerns in USA. Jim.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I have recently been in the market for a new Glock 19, and it seems to me that it's actually many of the newer Austrian made Glocks that have the crappy flat matte finish that scratches easily, at least at the shops on the west side I visited.

I ended up going to C&C Midwest firearms and had them order me a USA made 19 for $525, added another $100 for Trijicon night sights put on. It has the normal finish I like. As others have stated, other than that it's exactly the same except it has USA on the slide and has the Georgia proof marks on the other side of the slide. I haven't got it out to shoot yet, but I don't anticipate any issues.

IMG_20131011_204246_769_zpsf924f5e9.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The wife and I have Gen 2 Glocks...a 19 for and a 23 for me...Austrian built! We love them...and probably wouldn't change anything about them!

The American made version...I would like to see / compare them.

jhaynes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I read an article which said that most of the Glocks sold in the USA would be Austrian made and the USA manufactured ones were exported to places like the Phillipines (go figure). But, that over time they should start showing up on U.S. shelves.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I was just told that all the Glocks sold inside the US are produced here, surely that is not correct. Right?

If that was correct then why do I only see 'Austria' stamped on every Glock I've ever seen?

Not correct. Glock is still selling tons of Austrian made pistols here.

Top Bottom