Anyone with job experience in the oil industry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    I'm heading out the Wyoming for an interview as a frac/acid operator assistant and was wondering if anyone has experience/advice/insight for an entry level guy? Just graduated with my degree in geology and looking forward to climbing the ladder.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Keep an eye out for job opportunities at Marathon Oil company and Marathon Petroleum company (different companys as of July 2011.) Good place to work. They cover everything from finding the oil, getting it out of the ground, refining, and a bunch more.

Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    Yeh this position is with H'burton. I like the way they advance people plus their benefits are good. Plus they will put me through training to get my CDL+Haz while I get paid so that's helpful to start. Leaves more opportunities open for me down the line.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    FYI, I have spent a couple of weeks out there this year, I am in sales. Keep in mind that EVERYTHING is way more expensive out there. Housing and food are way higher than here in Indiana.

They were paying $13 an hour plus tips for a waitress at the BW3 next to my hotel.

Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    I lived in WY last summer when I worked at the Grand Tetons so I grew accustomed to it. Plus the money I'd make there compared to what I'm making part time here at Bass Pro would more than make up for it.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Check out the Minot ND area. Lots of work out there. I work there several months since 2008. I lived in the man camps and made good money playing poker when not on the clock. Where the man camp was it was a 45 minute one way drive to the beer store. Canada/WY/ND line lots of good long range shooting Got me shooting 300-500 yards with a custom pistol. I don;t drink so it was no big deal. I could rack in 100/200 in a night of poker playing safe. That extra income I lived off the rest was sent home to the family.

Top Bottom