• ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OK...
    I'll admit I'm racist.

But only while doing the laundry. I don't let no colors in with my whites. (except for that damn red sock) :(

It's all about how we are raised and who got brainwash in school or not. I'm sure where you lived on the map could make a difference too. It seems we have a huge racist comeback in this country and they are NOT white. They are starting to get a leadership, like AOC and her minions. The dems and press are backing them up. It doesn't take a brainiac to see what's really going on but unfortunately there's no shortage of the dumb and blind that keep following them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The only time I have heard any reference to whitest black (or similar to it) was when a black was referencing another black. In my life I have never heard a white person reference a black as acting white....never. I have never heard the banana twinkie reference before and I will agree with the others about oreo; meaning it always referenced sex and not anything else.

When people ask me my nationality, I usually tell them I am an All American mix breed (which is true) and pretty much true for everyone else.

As long as people want to be separated by race, we will have racism.

Same here. I recall in high school some black kids complaining about other blacks acting "white". That wasn't a compliment. I have heard white people talking about other whites acting black. That wasn't a compliment either.

The last statement is something I agree with a lot. I saw an article a while back that talked about the science behind race. Basically, "race" is nothing more than heritage, and in terms of DNA there isn't much more difference between races than there is difference between people with freckles and people without freckles. Some people who make race important are really talking about culture, not race. And I wouldn't say that's racist per se. But we'd be much further along if we'd just stop caring about differences in immutable characteristics. I'd also like to see the left start to think talking about "whiteness", especially in a derogatory sense, is just as evil as talking about "blackness" in the same way. Instead they embrace it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have never heard a white person refer to a black person as "Oreo". But, in high school, in one class, I sat between two black dudes, who joked about Oreo cookie with double stuff. I was kinda big, so from then on they called me double stuff. Does that count?

I've never heard a white person say someone wasn't "really black".

Okay, so does any of this have anything to do with my post? Curious why it prompted these questions.

Edit: I have heard white people refer to mixed race people as zebra. It wasn't in a kind way.

I think for the most part, I think the point may be missed because we're in Indiana. Probably most of the members here only know black people in everyday passing, or cusory friendships, and for the most part haven't grown up with us establishing long lasting relationships. In Indiana, small towns are pretty homogenous. In Alabama, or the South in general, if you live in a town of 500, 100 of those people are going to be Black.

This relates to AOC saying people don't recognize racism. The examples I gave are indicative of that. My grandfather used to say that "white people can say the most racist things, and not actually be racist," and that's absolutely true. I've been called "Oreo," "the whitest black guy," or not "really" black, by white friends (and Black friends), more that a few times. Whenever you ask why, it was like Doug said, because I made good grades, stayed out of trouble, and spoke "proper" as we say in the South. I got that from both Black and White people. From a Black person it's painful ignorance, from a white person it's soft racism. And that's not to say the person is intentionally trying to illustrate superiority; they are simply trying to be funny, without actually knowing what is meant by their words.

To drive home how different Indiana is from the South, when I was in college at UF, the university PRESIDENT (who incidentally taught at IU for 20 years prior) referred to a Black regent as an "Oreo." He damn near lost his job until the black student union spoke up for him

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think for the most part, I think the point may be missed because we're in Indiana. Probably most of the members here only know black people in everyday passing, or cusory friendships, and for the most part haven't grown up with us establishing long lasting relationships. In Indiana, small towns are pretty homogenous. In Alabama, or the South in general, if you live in a town of 500, 100 of those people are going to be Black.

This relates to AOC saying people don't recognize racism. The examples I gave are indicative of that. My grandfather used to say that "white people can say the most racist things, and not actually be racist," and that's absolutely true. I've been called "Oreo," "the whitest black guy," or not "really" black, by white friends (and Black friends), more that a few times. Whenever you ask why, it was like Doug said, because I made good grades, stayed out of trouble, and spoke "proper" as we say in the South. I got that from both Black and White people. From a Black person it's painful ignorance, from a white person it's soft racism. And that's not to say the person is intentionally trying to illustrate superiority; they are simply trying to be funny, without actually knowing what is meant by their words.

To drive home how different Indiana is from the South, when I was in college at UF, the university PRESIDENT (who incidentally taught at IU for 20 years prior) referred to a Black regent as an "Oreo." He damn near lost his job until the black student union spoke up for him

I have been called and also referred to myself as the center of an Oreo. Many many times actually and it was true. Bracketed by 2 12 sammich eating black guys at Bike week been shown around the bottoms yes, I was an Oreo. They thought it was hilarious. That became the standing joke as I and my black friends were down there every night all week. So much more fun than main street in Daytona. Main street was wall to wall LEO. The bottoms (as I called it....Heat of the night reference that was also hilarious) Was wall to wall people. What a great time.

My buddy's Harley had a starter issue and we had to push him a few times a day to get it started. We were leaving to roll back to Orlando for the night and I was pushing him. Now remember I am the only white guy for a quarter of a mile in any given direction hence "Oreo" so one of the crowd yells out "Hey brother where did you get the white guy"........My buddy yelled back..."Everybody needs to own one of these".

It was all in good fun. I never had 1 issue when down there. The food was good. The people were great. The beer was cold and mostly free.

I get pretty twisted up when I am referred to as a racist or a NAZI and both have happened a lot in the last 3 years.
    Lately it pushes me towards throat punching idiots but that is another story for a different thread.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I think for the most part, I think the point may be missed because we're in Indiana. Probably most of the members here only know black people in everyday passing, or cusory friendships, and for the most part haven't grown up with us establishing long lasting relationships.

This is a huge assumption. I'm not sure why you believe this to be true, but it sounds like there's some serious pre-judgement going on in your mind about a large group of people that you don't personally know.

If only there were a word for that. :rolleyes:

tcause17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2019
    Sellersburg
    It is so insane that people like her keep getting the spotlight because of her extremist views and constantly pulling the race/sex card. I'm really interested to see how her opponent is going to fair against her next election.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    just a quick drive by.
    386hm2.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’m just not obsessed with race. A lot of people are and they will find racism in everything.

I will not be guilded into joining thier obsession.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have never heard a white person refer to a black person as "Oreo". But, in high school, in one class, I sat between two black dudes, who joked about Oreo cookie with double stuff. I was kinda big, so from then on they called me double stuff. Does that count?

I've never heard a white person say someone wasn't "really black".

Okay, so does any of this have anything to do with my post? Curious why it prompted these questions.

Edit: I have heard white people refer to mixed race people as zebra. It wasn't in a kind way.

This is my youngest granddaughter, and the apple of my eye. We raised her for about the first year of her life (white mother was a drug addict - long story). If someone ever referred to her as a "zebra" in front of me, it wouldn't end well for them. I keep this picture on my monitor at work as a background. If I'm having a bad day, all I have to do is look at this face and it makes everything better. :)

Ui4mbSX.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I’m just not obsessed with race. A lot of people are and they will find racism in everything.

I will not be guilded into joining thier obsession.
    This + 1,000!

Act like a decent, law abiding citizen, and I don't care what color you are, or where you came from.

I have zero use for gangsters, thugs, rappers who want to talk about killing cops or ho's, Tupac, Snoop Dog, Beverly Hills Most Wanted, B-Rad, or Vanilla Ice. The gang banging thug lifestyle is not culture, it's the choice of thugs. Thugs have no race.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    This + 1,000!

Act like a decent, law abiding citizen, and I don't care what color you are, or where you came from.

I have zero use for gangsters, thugs, rappers who want to talk about killing cops or ho's, Tupac, Snoop Dog, Beverly Hills Most Wanted, B-Rad, or Vanilla Ice. The gang banging thug lifestyle is not culture, it's the choice of thugs. Thugs have no race.

+1000
    Been saying this for years
    I don't care what color you are, act like a thug I'm going to treat you like one , no matter what color you are.
    Act like a decent human being and I'll treat you like one

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is a huge assumption. I'm not sure why you believe this to be true, but it sounds like there's some serious pre-judgement going on in your mind about a large group of people that you don't personally know.

If only there were a word for that. :rolleyes:

No, we live in Indiana, and many of people in Indiana live in rural areas, it's a sound assumption and it IS an assumption that people in Indiana generally don't establish deep relationships with black people as they do in the Deep South (Alabama,Mississippi, Georgia). That's not a knock on anybody.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Same here. I recall in high school some black kids complaining about other blacks acting "white". That wasn't a compliment. I have heard white people talking about other whites acting black. That wasn't a compliment either.

The last statement is something I agree with a lot. I saw an article a while back that talked about the science behind race. Basically, "race" is nothing more than heritage, and in terms of DNA there isn't much more difference between races than there is difference between people with freckles and people without freckles. Some people who make race important are really talking about culture, not race. And I wouldn't say that's racist per se. But we'd be much further along if we'd just stop caring about differences in immutable characteristics. I'd also like to see the left start to think talking about "whiteness", especially in a derogatory sense, is just as evil as talking about "blackness" in the same way. Instead they embrace it.

This example works just as well, and actually better that the example I originally posed. Ok, who hasn't heard somebody say that another person was "acting black?" This goes exactly to the point that AOC is making. Not that I think this is unique to Trump supporters, but it does display ignorance and soft racism, if you consider the traits one is trying to convey to the person at the receiving end of the comment. The person making the statement may not even be racist, but they indeed ignorant of what exactly their comment ultimately means.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

I did not grow up in Indiana but rather a pretty solid "Italian" town (I can tell you stories) that just across the tracks was a town that was mostly black. My high school was about 40% black and 1% mexican. The balance was italian, german, irish.....generally what people would call "white". After MLK was killed we had a few problems at school and then when Fred Hampton was killed, all hell broke loose. It was not a great time; however, it did not last (regardless of the efforts put forth by certain groups). My friends at school were italian, mexican and blacks. We NEVER even thought of skin color or ethnic background unless someone made it an issue and we made sure we expressed out thoughts about it. I have had blacks, mexcans and others protect my back and I have done the same.

I bring that up because even during those times, racism was not actually a prominent issue with everyone. There were small groups that "instigated" the racial divide but the majority stood their ground and remained civil. My aunt lived in the same town and was the only "white" person living in the area. The town I lived in had one black family living there and anyone who even tried to reference them in a bad way had to deal with the local "italians" in a not so civil way.

IMO, the only time race becomes an issue is when group leaders stimulater the weak and incite problems. Left alone, most people will work through life's issues. You have extreme individual in every category of people and "they" prey on the weakness of others to gain power. Jackson, Sharpton, AOC and all of them are inciting the weak to gain power......sad but true.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This example works just as well, and actually better that the example I originally posed. Ok, who hasn't heard somebody say that another person was "acting black?" This goes exactly to the point that AOC is making. Not that I think this is unique to Trump supporters, but it does display ignorance and soft racism, if you consider the traits one is trying to convey to the person at the receiving end of the comment. The person making the statement may not even be racist, but they indeed ignorant of what exactly their comment ultimately means.

I haven't heard anyone say another person was "acting black;" not once, ever.
    Maybe I'm just ignorant and don't know how "black" people act.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Well at least it wasn't a black guy "acting white".

[video=youtube;K7APP2z1yqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7APP2z1yqU[/video]

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

I gotta tell ya, you are (IMO) pushing the envelope a bit here. I know people who try to act Italian, Polish, German, Black......you name it; some even try to act like the opposite sex (GLBQ....)

So what? My mom was not Italian, at all. My Dad was 1/2 italian. My mom worked in a factory that had 99% italians working there.....guess what? My mom talked, cooked, had gestures all that was Italian in nature. I have a family member who I truly believe "thinks" she is black; but not. I know and see people who take on characteristics of others for who knows why, but they do. Why do you have to call that racism?

I often get confused with all this instigated fabricated racism. Does a Black Irishman act Black or Irish? How about an Italian who may live in Kenya and take on characteristics of one from Kenya? Does a person who was born in Kenya and moves to the USA and acts like an American - are they racist?

Please....stop the insanity.

Top Bottom