• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Snopes has a look at it, too. Obama misses one and some people are going ape shot. He's not even close to being the worst offender. St. Ronnie was much worse, apparently.
    And Daddy Bush never went.
    Snopes.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    I am glad he is not going to be there. He does not deserve to be anywhere real americans who have died for what he is trying to destroy. He is the ultimate scumbag.

kc9djn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    Obama 2009

Last year when Obama presented his speech, the teleprompters must have been broken. He addressed the crowd and added, " I know many of our fallen soldiers are here?"

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Having attended a couple wreath layings at Arlington it's about the ceremony and honoring and respecting our fallen heros. Since BHO has no respect for our armed forces or America for that matter I doubt that he'll be missed.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Im not an Obama fan and I didnt vote for him, but dont you think the Obama sucks stuff on here is sorta over the top? I mean did anyone really think that in a year he could fix our economy that took Bush 8 years to totally screw up?

I get why some are upset about him skipping a wreath laying, I guess I dont know much about that but is it something every other president has done? If so then fine I get it, but it seems Obama gets no leeway at all on anything.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The article, "On Monday, Obama is scheduled to participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill. said."

My point it that HE is honoring our fallen soldiers, just not at Arlington. At Thanksgiving does it matter if I decide not to go to Grandma's, but go to Aunt Sue's instead? What if I'm simply thankful and do so in prayer in my own house. Does that count?

I love Arlington. I think it is one of the most sacred, reverential places in our nation. I think it should be a desired, if not a required, pilgrimage for anyone that lives here and enjoys the freedoms ensured by those who lay there. Since my first visit there I sometimes awake in the middle of a stormy night and think that at that moment there is a soldier walking his post at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers.

That said, I wonder how many of the chest-beaters throwing stones here have even been to Arlington?

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Im not an Obama fan and I didnt vote for him, but dont you think the Obama sucks stuff on here is sorta over the top? I mean did anyone really think that in a year he could fix our economy that took Bush 8 years to totally screw up?

I get why some are upset about him skipping a wreath laying, I guess I dont know much about that but is it something every other president has done? If so then fine I get it, but it seems Obama gets no leeway at all on anything.

The economy is fixed?:scratch:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    The article, "On Monday, Obama is scheduled to participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill. said."

My point it that HE is honoring our fallen soldiers, just not at Arlington. At Thanksgiving does it matter if I decide not to go to Grandma's, but go to Aunt Sue's instead? What if I'm simply thankful and do so in prayer in my own house. Does that count?

I love Arlington. I think it is one of the most sacred, reverential places in our nation. I think it should be a desired, if not a required, pilgrimage for anyone that lives here and enjoys the freedoms ensured by those who lay there. Since my first visit there I sometimes awake in the middle of a stormy night and think that at that moment there is a soldier walking his post at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers.

That said, I wonder how many of the chest-beaters throwing stones here have even been to Arlington?

and yes, some of us have been to Arlington!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

yes all other presidents have done it. With the exception of I believe it was Reagan once and Bush once.

I don't expect miracles from this man, not sure that anyone other than his true disciples do. I don't however like the way is bowing down to others countries, disrespecting this country and all we hold dear. If we have a country left at the end of his four years I don't see him returning to office.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    and yes, some of us have been to Arlington!

Well, that's Cwood, Dogman, & me. What about others? I think if anyone has ever been in the DC metro area and did NOT go to Arlington while there, they should cease posting to this thread.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    Not going to Arlington while being in the area is like not going to Pearl Harbor while visiting in Hawaii. And yes i have been to both. (I just wonder if Obama has been to Pearl Harbor.)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not going to Arlington while being in the area is like not going to Pearl Harbor while visiting in Hawaii. And yes i have been to both. (I just wonder if Obama has been to Pearl Harbor.)

Probably. What better place to give thanks for the pilots of the planes that began the attack on America. Probably posthumously thanked FDR for letting it happen, too.

Don252

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    The disrespect he shows our troops and his contempt for the United States is appalling! We are right for being worried about the direction he plans to take this country.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Probably. What better place to give thanks for the pilots of the planes that began the attack on America. Probably posthumously thanked FDR for letting it happen, too.
    +1:yesway:
    The only reason for him to visit Pearl would be to get inspiration from the carnage and death wreaked by our enemies of the time.
    Mike

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Bush was worse.

Do you have a reason for saying that or are you just ignorant?

::::TO BE READ IN SUPER PURPLE::::
    OH yes bush was the great Satan and all of Obamanations issues stems from the bush admin.

Lay off the liberal koolaid! Obama's approval ratings are worse than Bushs! "I will put an end to the war!" Who said that? Who sent 30,000 more troops?
    Who just passed that national health care bill? Who does not support a state's right to protect it's border? Who just mandated that all student loans must go through the government? Who is doing nothing about the crisis in the ocean? Who just spent billions of dollars on personal projects when the nation was in debit 400billion? Who cannot show support to the familys who have lost someone in war?

Obama is not my president!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom