• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bushcf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Anyone else see the two Apaches loaded for bear flying west over south Terre Haute?

A little unusual. Then again, maybe I've just been reading too many of these threads regarding military movements and such.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    AH-64 flyin low

Yep I saw them but there was 5 that flew over my house in Plainfield heading west. They weren't Longbows so they were probably Guard. The Indiana Guard doesn't have Apaches though so they must be passing through. It gave me a woody cause I used to work on them and haven't seen one fly over my house since I was stationed at Fort Hood 10 yrs ago. They're some bad boys for sure!:ar15:

bushcf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Terre Haute
    That's true. I was at Atterbury most of the summer and the A-10s were firing down there all summer pretty much.

The ones I saw were headed toward Illinois. I'm not familiar with what units th ILARNG have, but could have been Guard.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    They were flying from East to West so I doubt they were coming from Atterbury. I don't believe the Illinois Guard has Apaches either but Missouri does. I think they were just flyin through.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Maybe tehy were being test operated by the Social Security Admin or National Park Service - you know, the agenices buying all the handgun ammunition recently. this could be another area of expansion, and if these agencies start buying new attack helicopeters, it might be a stimulus to the enconomy, too!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I heard they were headed to te FEMA camps.... IN does not have any apaches.... Only thing it has anymore that goes bang is the hogs in ft Wayne and their days may be short lived also.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Guarding someone? This was taken today at Grissom.

484CC261-BB96-4197-BFA3-D30E75EBF644-237-0000001059E94E51.jpg

Top Bottom