• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I just installed the Apex DCAEK & Apex RAM in my S&W M&P9 last night and took it to the range this morning. I'm pretty happy with the results, the trigger on my gun wasn't bad by any stretch and honestly as far as the break goes, it really didn't help it that much.

What the DCAEK/RAM did do?

• The over-travel is reduced, enhancing accuracy by reducing muzzle movement.

• The trigger pull is less, they claim somewhere around 5.5lbs and I'd say that's about what I've got, but I don't have a scale to test it.

• Trigger reset is better as they include a stronger trigger return spring and lighten the sear spring so that the trigger returns faster.

• The RAM helps to make the trigger reset more noticeable, providing a definitive "click".
    • Also, trigger reset is shortened a bit. Not 1911 short, but shorter.
    All in all, I think if you are looking for a little better trigger out of your M&P, I'd recommend you get this kit. Personally, I don't think I'd have been happy with just the hard sear as my trigger was good to start with and the real gains for me came from the additional parts of the kit.

I found it easy to install after watching the videos on Apex's YouTube channel. You'll need a hammer, punches, tweezers and a gunsmithing block helps. If you wouldn't tackle changing the brakes or shocks on your car, I'd avoid doing this yourself, but if you are handy, have at it. Just beware of the small parts and watch the videos.

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    +1 on this the apex kit in the M&P is awsome and the RAM inproves the rese a ton. good review..

Top Bottom