• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I couldn't find much on the internet about Apexs new Performance Connector and Glock Ultimate Safety Plunger. I have a newer Glock 19 with the dot connector. It broke at a consistent 5.5 lb according to my cheapie Wheeler trigger gauge. The trigger was a little rough compared to some more experienced Glocks. So because I have seen positive experience with Apex products I decided to spend the $42.50 to have these two parts shipped to my door. I just installed the new safety plunger and connector and am happy with the purchase. Both parts were drop in and I used the existing factory springs. Trigger is a bit smoother with less of a wall and breaks at 4.5-5.0 lbs. No mushy feeling like you get with some connectors. Reset is audible and positive. It reminds me of a Glock with new springs after several thousand rounds and been shoot in a bit. I doubt without a trigger pull gauge and some side by side dry firing most people would be able to tell the difference from factory but there was an improvement.

I hope to slide by the range soon to try everything out. But my initial impression are the parts are worth the small expenditure. A recent thread asked what people recommend for Glock upgrades. As of right now I would tell someone better sights, APEX safety plunger & connector and plenty of magazines.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    How is this compared to a polish job on all those parts? I have done that and it feels smoother to me (though that could all be in my head).

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    How is this compared to a polish job on all those parts? I have done that and it feels smoother to me (though that could all be in my head).

Probably about the same. The Apex safety plungerbis rounded. I just shot the gun. Perfect function. No difference in groups though. Trigger does not have the pronounced wall of stock but is a little spongier. I shoot it better at speed but slow fire I actually shot the stock setup better. Probably because I concentrated on the break. Still throwing the group left consistently so I am going to tweak the rear sight to the right a bit. Probably me but they are aftermarket sights and just eyeballed on square.

A person would be better better served with ammo and practice but the parts did drop the trigger by 1/2 to 1 pound, smooth it a bit and maintained proper function. Maybe not the best $40 spent but most aftermarket or even an OEM - connectors going to run about $20-$30. This would be simliar.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I run a Apex safety plunger as well as extractor in all my Glocks.

Very happy.

Have always stuck with Glock - connector as to many horror stories about aftermarket connectors.

Topshelf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2017
    New Albany
    I have installed a few of the Action Enhancement Kits from Apex and love them. They come with the new connector, safety plunger, and a new trigger with the Gen3 trigger bar. Makes a big difference and reduces the pull about 1 lb and smoothes everything out. Last one I got was around $125? with free shipping. Worth it.
    XAPEX102115.jpg

ahutchinson317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jun 15, 2017
    Indy
    I don't have much experience with Apex Glock products, but I do like their M&P Trigger parts. Overwatch Precision Trigger + NP3 coated minus connector has worked well for my Glock 19.

Top Bottom