• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    Has anyone had an issue with the reset not engaging everytime after the Apex install?
    Had mind put in for me yesterday, I cleaned the hell out of it, and when I was at the range it wouldn't reset after about 80 rounds.

Any ideas?

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    What did they install? The DCAEK kit? The FSS kit? If it is the DCAEK kit, the trigger return spring may have come off or broken. If the FSS, the loop on the trigger bar may need adjusted.

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    Hoosier45 is on the money, although they call it a drop in, it can still do with some fitting.
    Check to see if the top of the trigger bar is contacting the slide or if the side of the trigger bar is contacting the slide release.
    I've done several of them here and in the S&W Armorers School, I prefer the "duty" rate spring.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I put the FSS kit in my full size 9mm myself and haven't had any issues after 500 rounds or so. Did you have any issues with it before the install? Is your M&P a current production gun, or older? Off the top of my head, I wonder if the correct sear spring was used. The video from Apex I watched talked about that a little.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I put the USB and AEK trigger in mine. I had a dead trigger even though I opened the loop up past .050". I tried to work it on my own and with Apex on the phone. We could not get it to work consistently. I finally took it out and put the factory trigger back in.

I may either get the sear or the FSS kit, I have not decided yet. I'm not shooting it right now anyway.

Jason, I probably should try one with the FSS and see how I like it under live fire.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Do you think I should add the sear first?

Yes. The USB and sear work best as a set. If you want to keep the AEK trigger, you should buy the sear. I had the AEK in one of mine and liked it, but I am now a big fan of the FSS kit. I would recommend buying the FSS kit over just the sear. If you don't mind the difference in price.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yes. The USB and sear work best as a set. If you want to keep the AEK trigger, you should buy the sear. I had the AEK in one of mine and liked it, but I am now a big fan of the FSS kit. I would recommend buying the FSS kit over just the sear. If you don't mind the difference in price.

I'll wait until I try the FSS with live fire. I am not sure what I will do with my FS, but I might carry it some day, but I doubt it.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Sounds like you need to adjust the loop thingy. :): Kidding on the term, but otherwise this does sound like the source of the problem.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid70.html

Trigger Bar Loop Adjustment - YouTube
    Beat me to it SmileDoc but that would be my guess also.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Beat me to it SmileDoc but that would be my guess also.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Yeah, I did all that even with Apex on the phone. They finally suggested I send it to them. I think the trigger is bottoming out on the frame before it breaks. I wonder it the cut of the Apex sear has enough effect to make it all work correctly? Maybe it just has to travel too far to trip the factory sear.

I may end up with the FSS kit anyway.

Top Bottom