• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bats&Gats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Ligonier
    New guy here. I'm looking into a new trigger system for my M&P seeing how the factory trigger is lacking... To say the least.
    I was thinking of going with the Apex AEK system, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

Last edited:

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I have the duty/carry trigger kit with the RAM in my fullsize. I am very happy with it. Really cleans up the trigger and the RAM gives it a very positive reset for followup shots. I got mine direct from APEX but have found another place that is cheaper then APEX...unfortunately I don't remember what it is...if I think of it I will respond. The RAM is worth it, thinking I might get the aluminum trigger too sometime but need save money and do this kit and night sites to my compact before giving the fullsize more love.
    One thing about ordering from Apex is the quick shipping, it was like two days from ordering, and I ordered in the afternoon too so I figured I missed shipping on that day but they still got it out.
    Also, I installed it myself. It was really pretty easy, just some small parts that were difficult to mess with and had to get creative to remove the rear sight but it worked well and was able to realign the sight easy enough. Took an hour or so, not including searching for the stupid plunger and cap from the slide...

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010

Wow, nice find!
    APEX M&P Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit (DCAEK)

I had the comp AEK. I really really liked it, but I felt it made the trigger a bit too light. That is my take on it, but it is a subjective thing, so do not let me scare you off on it, I just wanted it to be a bit harder.

I am going to eventually put in the DAEK (duty/carry) kit. I think it is basically the same thing, but with a little heavier springs.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    They are supposed to be coming out with a new RAM too that will work with a thumb safety.

Bats&Gats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Ligonier
    A polymer trigger would be much better, I don't see why Apex would use aluminum in the first place. I hope within the next few paychecks I can make this happen. I don't like the factory trigger safety on the M&Ps at all, that's one of the main reasons I want to do this.

jaschutz79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I've had the APEX duty, competition and FSS. All great kits but i prefer the FSS. It is close as you can get to a 1911 style trigger....and I've tried some of the "best". Vanek, Powder River, Glock Triggers etc.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I run the FSS on my M&P 40c as well. I wouldn't have any other trigger in my gun. Everyone who has ever shot it falls in love with the FSS.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    No just the FSS. If you're ever up this way you are more than welcome to try mine. I can even put the 9mm barrel in it if you like.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I put the duty/carry sear and sear spring along with the striker block only. I think this is about perfect for me. I found the comp kit too light, but I loved it. This combination I think is a bit lighter and the overtravel is much reduced. I think it is about perfect for me!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom