• Status
    Not open for further replies.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Were I Pence I'd ask for my money back. He went there to be entertained, not lectured. Very tacky.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Republican politician shows up with entourage at rap opera....

really? Did he bring an interpreter?

Do you think he would have been booed at Book of Mormon?

We, sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir,” said Brandon Victor Dixen, the actor who portrays Aaron Burr, to raucous applause. “But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us. All of us. Again, we truly thank you truly for seeing this show, this wonderful American story told by a diverse group of men and women of different colors, creeds and orientations.

Sounds impolite, doesn't it? I wonder if Pence brought a blankie to his safe space after that dissent.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    False equivalence and projection.

This was a lack of civility on the part of the cast. Let them pay for their own soap box.

And it was the cast that was butthurt - still - over the election. Were they all safety-pinned? Hope so for their sake!

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Sounds impolite, doesn't it? I wonder if Pence brought a blankie to his safe space after that dissent.

I agree they said what they wanted to say in a polite manner. I do disagree that it was appropriate...the words directed at him or the boos he experienced. If it were me, I wouldn't want to listen or support anything they have to say after that. I'm sure Pence has a thicker skin than I do though, and he can handle this stuff.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah. I doubt Mike was too troubled. Donald has a thin skin, though. Looks like his Secret Service nickname might have to change to Chappie.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Democrats are always ambushing Republicans at the theatre.

15170974_10210487103510254_4812528034970181930_n.jpg

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Yet again libs have no class. Just like the lib crowd boo'ing Pence as he was getting seated. Libs are the worst.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    False equivalence and projection.

This was a lack of civility on the part of the cast. Let them pay for their own soap box.

And it was the cast that was butthurt - still - over the election. Were they all safety-pinned? Hope so for their sake!

Protect them.....that is rich.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When I first saw this story, I thought it was highly inappropriate to heckle or lecture a paying customer, regardless of setting or political ideology...then I actually saw what was said.
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    IMO, this is a non-story that would have largely remained a non-story had Twitter President Trump pushed away from his keyboard for a while instead of immediately reacting on social media.

Yeah. he needs to put the twitterbox away. Trump was an a** for piping up. He had no business calling them out. Pence maybe, but not Trump.

Were I Pence I'd ask for my money back. He went there to be entertained, not lectured. Very tacky.

They did at least wait until curtain call to do this instead of doing the d*** move and interrupt the show like the likes of Yeezy. (his 40 minute rant in the middle of his show)

And reports are that after the Secret Service got him safely outside the theater doors he had them wait so he could finish listening from the hall. He at least had the decency to hear them out and compromise with SS agents that wanted him out of the crowd. But I'm sure you wont hear that nugget from their detractors.

Just like votes, they feel they are allowed to have more than one standard, so its OK.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Looks to me like Pence violated their safe space by showing up to see their little play and the cast whined at him for it like the crybabies they are.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah. We haven't had blackface since Amos & Andy. You that retro?
    NOBODY was talking about THOSE parts. (and you know it) Quit stirring the pot.

As I recall, Alexander Hamilton was white, yet the producer insisted that a white man was not allowed to play his part. :scratch:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You apparently aren't familiar with the production? Have you heard of Lin-Manuel Miranda?

Your historical recollection is a bit skewed. Hamilton's father was Scottish. He was born (out of wedlock) to a "West Indian" mother. That was 18th Century doublespeak for Black Lady.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom