• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    What do you mean by "not exactly low profile"?

Looks wise it is fine, but then It wouldn't matter as it is always concealed. When combined with the holster the buckle and keeper tend to stick out a ways. Remember, I have like a 32 inch waist so it may not be as noticeable for someone with a more successful life body.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Looks wise it is fine, but then It wouldn't matter as it is always concealed. When combined with the holster the buckle and keeper tend to stick out a ways. Remember, I have like a 32 inch waist so it may not be as noticeable for someone with a more successful life body.

Interesting.

My jeans range from 32-34 inches. And, depending on the jeans I'm wearing, my wilderness belt sticks out as well when I am carrying appendix.

I may just stick with my current belt.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Interesting.

My jeans range from 32-34 inches. And, depending on the jeans I'm wearing, my wilderness belt sticks out as well when I am carrying appendix.

Yep,I wear 34 pants to make room for the gear. My wilderness with the plastic ring buckle sticks out, the one with the metal buckle not so much.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Interesting.

you rock it with the buckle offset away from the gun? Mine is a lot less obvious that way. Of course I have other items that protrude no matter what I do, but such is life.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My 2 o'clock holster that I bought used came with the "J-hook" style clip which I didn't care for as it allowed the gun to slide down in to my pants to the grip. My standard clip arrived from CompTac today (ordered Friday) complete with Smarties like every CompTac order and now I absolutely LOVE this holster. It holds my full-size M&P securely and high enough to get a complete firing grip without hitting my knuckles on my belt.

Well worth the $60 they sell for new, and a steal at the $30 I paid!

409428109.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Kramer double loop IWB. Not cheap ($145) Not universal, you order it for your exact handgun, I never was happy with the single clip type holsters of any brand I tried. I spent the money for the Kramer about 10 years ago, and it still fits and carries perfectly, no sign of loosening up.

It works fine with a dress belt or a regular belt like you would were with blue jeans, nothing special needed.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Just went with my brother yesterday to pick up his SIK holster from the guy who makes them/see the shop... I was very impressed with everything. It's for a shield, and now I will have to carry it a day or two! Not a bad holster at all, something worth checking out for sure!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Ok, so I am considering AIWB carry for the pistol. Grabbed a leather zero cant rig I had laying around and put it on about 1:00 to 1:30. Wore it for a while with a blue gun, then unloaded my carry and stuck it in there to see about the weight difference.

Definitely need something with a sweat guard to keep the sights from pushing into my food blister. Even with the non-AIWB rig it seemed to print less with just a tee shirt on. Not a big fan of bending over with it, but maybe the correct style rig will help. Then again maybe losing twenty pounds or so is the only option.

In walking around my place and doing things I started to wonder about the spare mags I carry as well. I have seen skinny people carry them at maybe 11:00. Would like to know what other people do. Currently I carry two spare mags OWB at maybe 10:00. Then I have my cell on my hip at 11:00. Any printing thru the shirt on the mags seems like a bulky cell.

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    I have tried multiple appendix holsters, (BladeTech Klipt, Henry Holsters AIWB, and Raven Vanguard 2). I didn't like how low the BladeTech rode, and I didn't like that the retention wasn't adjustable. However, it is pretty low priced. As for the Henry, I liked the retention, and how clean the edges were. However it had a "Multi-angle Kick". I found it added too much bulk and made itself seem larger than it really was. As for the Vanguard, I'd rather be able to re-holster with one hand. Today, I received my PHLster Skeleton, and it is by far the best AIWB holster I've tried. It is super low-profile. It has very nice retention (also adjustable), it is tuckable, AND it's SUPER comfortable. Seriously, like the holster's not even there. For the price, you can't beat it.
    :twocents:

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I carry using a Remora with sweat guard, it works , I have used several others but nothing is as easy to wear as the Remora. You can carry it in any inside waistband position and it is comfortable, If holstering, you need to remove the holster, that is the only issue with the Remora.

Bill...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I carry using a Remora with sweat guard, it works , I have used several others but nothing is as easy to wear as the Remora. You can carry it in any inside waistband position and it is comfortable, If holstering, you need to remove the holster, that is the only issue with the Remora.

Bill...

Yea.....I would never ever buy that holster.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I use my remora for a night stand holster or if that gun sees some pocket carry. Otherwise I feel much more comfortable with a traditional holster. I am happy with it though for the $20 or $25 I paid for it.

Top Bottom