• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And shoots his partner right in the keister. Oddly enough the entire thing took place in Kalifornia. Who knew they still allowed armed guards to protect businesses? Kudos to the guard! Altho, I think he should spend some more time at the range. Lots of lead went flying in this one. Hopefully thieves will think twice before they decide to steal some Apple stuff next time.

Apple Store Guard Shoots And Kills Robbery Suspect - The Consumerist

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I am going to throw out the :bs: flag on this one, if for the location if nothing else. I thought bullets, knives, and all other pointy things were now illegal on the Left Coast?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sadly, they're probably going to burn that security guard. He better say that the guy was shooting from the car of that they tried to run him over.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    That sounds more like it.....

Even still... I carry 29 rounds on me. In order to make it to 40 rounds I'd have to fire at least 20 and him at least 20. Considering that he was shooting at a (potentially) fleeing car, I doubt it was an even exchange, meaning he probably expended all of his ammo. Unless he had one mag in and two on his belt. And even then, I dunno. Seems like a lot of fire to go flying.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Well, lead is known to, in the state of California, cause cancer.

They're so smart over there, I wonder when the rest of us will figure that out.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    That makes sense. It still almost requires unloading a full mag, which just seems like a lot to me. But, of course, I've never been in the situation and I know it's entirely possible that I'd just start spray and praying.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't even carry 40 rounds on me. That's impressive.

Wonder what the guard was carrying? He went through 3 mags maybe?

The news report linked from the Consumerist site indicates the security guard engaged in a gunfight with two perps who were both armed themselves, and that 40 rounds were fired in total.

Shooter521 beat me to it as some of you did not read all the articles. 40 TOTAL rounds between 3 guns (security guard, and 2 male BGs).

That makes sense. It still almost requires unloading a full mag, which just seems like a lot to me. But, of course, I've never been in the situation and I know it's entirely possible that I'd just start spray and praying.

Suspect that like most "thugs" the BGs did the spray and flee and probably expended all their rounds. On the other side the security guard might have been aiming a bit more since
    1) he got the drive via the window
    2) he got the2nd male in the butt

Note that this apple store in Chula Vista had already been robbed before in the past month (not sure if the guards were at the store at that point) but suspect that they were "ready" for more attempts since they had just been robbed and the iPad2 is a very HOT item right now. :rolleyes:

Colonel_Failure

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    I hope the BGs were originally open carrying while unloaded. Otherwise it was unlawful possession of a firearm and they obviously didn't know the law in California.

Top Bottom