• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    One of the Apple plants in China employs about 120,000 people making much sought after and highly profitable items for Apple Computer of Cupertino California. The workers are getting tired of being treated like slaves...and they revolted. Dozens were arrested...and untold numbers of them were killed or wounded.

I guess they don't want to work for $100 a week anymore.

I predict Apple prices will be going up up up.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Apple profit margin is obscenely high. They could double their wages, not raise their prices, and still be very profitable.

Tony7141

Marksman
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    May 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    One of the Apple plants in China employs about 120,000 people making much sought after and highly profitable items for Apple Computer of Cupertino California. The workers are getting tired of being treated like slaves...and they revolted. Dozens were arrested...and untold numbers of them were killed or wounded.

Exactly where in the article does it say "untold numbers of them were killed or wounded"? I sure didn't read that, are you an Apple hater? Maybe own stock in Microsoft? Whats the deal here?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Stop spending the money putting nets up around the building and give those folks a raise!

+/- will even out eventually.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Exactly where in the article does it say "untold numbers of them were killed or wounded"? I sure didn't read that, are you an Apple hater? Maybe own stock in Microsoft? Whats the deal here?

Are you a Microsoft hater? Do you own Apple stock? Does your momma dress you like Buster Brown and make you sweep the kitchen?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Um...Apple has no plants in China...those are FOXCONN plants.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This just in, a new iTank to be released in the coming days. That should put a stop to this embarrassing display.

tiananmen-square-1989.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, the plant isn't an Apple plant. It's a Foxconn plant, a Taiwanese/Chinese company. They make electronics for a number of companies, Apple included. To say that these people were Apple workers is a stretch. They could just as easily be Nokia or Microsoft workers. Way to go PB. Did you post the same thing over at the Indy Star forums? Or did you get banned?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    They have doubled their wages. Foxconn employees are some of the highest paid in China.

Some employees make upwards of $100 a week and get TWO buckets of Moo Goo a day instead of one. Maybe one day they'll get bathroom breaks, and get to go home more than once a month. It's a true worker paradise there.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Well, the plant isn't an Apple plant. It's a Foxconn plant, a Taiwanese/Chinese company. They make electronics for a number of companies, Apple included. To say that these people were Apple workers is a stretch. They could just as easily be Nokia or Microsoft workers. Way to go PB. Did you post the same thing over at the Indy Star forums? Or did you get banned?

Wahhh. Here's a crying towel.

I haven't been on the Indystar forums in probably two years or so. I don't read their paper, and I don't frequent the website. When they finally fold up and leave town I will go to 333 N Penn and do a little dance in the street.

Newspapers are dead Fred...haven't you heard?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Didn't see anything about killed or wounded :dunno:

Top Bottom