• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    The shoot was awesome today. I learned a ton. Was nice seeing some fellow ingoers out there. Looking forward to going back tomorrow. Congrats go out to one of our own for getting his winterseed patch, well done que.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Yup, Que finally broke through that final threshold. And now that he's done it once, he'll be able to relax and do it a lot more often. Had a great time at the shoot today, gonna have some more fun tomorrow. I would make a comment about the weather forecast not saying anything about snow during the day tomorrow, but we all know how well the forecast for today held true. :rolleyes:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks, everybody. The best shooter out there was a young lady who couldn't even get on paper when she started, but was placing 10-rounds on target by the time she left.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks, everybody. The best shooter out there was a young lady who couldn't even get on paper when she started, but was placing 10-rounds on target by the time she left.

:rockwoot: That was my 14 y.o. daughter Tara! We'll be back again Sunday but boy am I sore tonight! Dad got to load both sets of mags all day. I fizzled out & think she out shot me towards the end!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Unofficial AAR -

Done and home! Thanks to everyone that put on this event. It was fun.

I have learned that Ruger 10/22 hate me though. My gun got worse as the day went on. My daughter's 10/22 worked really well. Only a couple failures which mostly eliminated mags and ammo being the culprit (the ammo date code was 1993!). I switched to Que's gun then had trouble with his too. Of course it worked fine for him. Problem = me! :laugh:

I'd like to hear Tara's highest score if possible. I forgot to check before leaving.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Unofficial AAR -

I have learned that Ruger 10/22 hate me though. My gun got worse as the day went on. My daughter's 10/22 worked really well. Only a couple failures which mostly eliminated mags and ammo being the culprit (the ammo date code was 1993!). I switched to Que's gun then had trouble with his too. Of course it worked fine for him. Problem = me! :laugh:

I'd like to hear Tara's highest score if possible. I forgot to check before leaving.

Justin has your targets; he said he'll get them to you.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Yes, Tara's improvement in two days was great to see. I think she'll be out shooting dad real soon. Another impressive you lady was Kate, Instructor in Training, I believe she 14 or 15 and her overall demeanor was impressive.

This was a good experience for me; re-learned a "few" things about rifle shooting. The history lessons were the best part; I'll be back to the next Appleseed to get all the lessons. I missed the Sunday Morning session due to Church.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    was a great weekend, cant wait till the next one i can attend. learned a lot this weekend. thank you to all who were involved and congraulations the the three new riflemen this weekend produced.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Unofficial AAR -

jve153 has your targets.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    is anyone else who went this weekend sore this morning?

This is the first time I'm not actually sore. I had some issues on Saturday, but I realized it resulted from attempting to "muscle" the rifle, unknowingly over-stressing my body. It doesn't seem like a lot, but shooting for the long periods of time called for by Appleseed -- without making proper transitions -- can cause a lot of soreness from making the body shoot in uncomfortable, although familiar, positions. I can attest that giving in to the process produces much more favorable results.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Very sore in the shoulders & elbows today yes. Everything else is good.

My fingers are a little stiff too. I loaded twice as many mags as you guys did. :):

Top Bottom