• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    $10 gonna keep you from a day of history, heritage & marksmanship?

That's a mighty heavy bill if so...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    What's the cutoff for signing up? I'd like to bring my kid but will need to work out some details. Can they handle walk ins?

Since MCFG is rimfire only it might mean I'll need a loaner gun for the kid. What's the procedure for squiring those?

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I can on sunday but have to work on saturday

Come on Sunday! We'll do a refresher of all the positions before we start shooting, and we'll do our best to get you caught up on anything else you need.

What's the cutoff for signing up? I'd like to bring my kid but will need to work out some details. Can they handle walk ins?

Since MCFG is rimfire only it might mean I'll need a loaner gun for the kid. What's the procedure for squiring those?

The cutoff for the online sign up is Friday. If there's space left we'll definitely take walk ons. If you need a loaner rifle speak up on here or on the Appleseed forum and we'll get one to you. I have a tech-sighted 10/22 currently available for loaning out this weekend.

Drag your friends kicking and screaming if you have to...gonna be a great time!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    What distance does one shoot? Does the course of fire designed so that a single shot rifle has a reasonable chance of completion? Does one have to shoot off a bi pod, or can a participant hold his own iron sighted rifle?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    25 meters. 10 standing in 2 minutes without a mag change. 10 seated in 55 seconds with a mag change. 10 prone in 65 seconds with a mag change. 10 prone in 5 minutes without a mag change.

No bipods, but a sling is required and it's proper use is taught. Most people use a magazine fed rifle, but I've seen a tube fed used. It just takes some ingenuity. Semi auto is easiest, but I've seen bolt guns too. Scoped or iron sites work.

Techres has used a singleshot cricket to score rifleman.

Loaner rifles are avialable.

It's a fantastic way to spend a weekend....

www.appleseedinfo.org

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Thanks for the info hooky, I can see that a single shot rifle will be a real hinderence with the sitting and prone timed rapid events. I KNEW I should have kept my repeater target rifle! The day I sold it I felt like I did wrong.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The target on the website shows 1 outline for the offhand, 2 tombstones for the sitting, 3 tombstones for the prone rapid fire and 4 targets for the prone slow. Are all shoots scored or will a single bullet in the middle of each target be considered complete?

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    The target on the website shows 1 outline for the offhand, 2 tombstones for the sitting, 3 tombstones for the prone rapid fire and 4 targets for the prone slow. Are all shoots scored or will a single bullet in the middle of each target be considered complete?

All shots are scored. There are 250 points possible on the total target - 50 for standing, 50 for transition to seated, 50 for transition to prone, and 100 for slow-fire prone. 10 shots for each stage, but the points count double on the slow-fire prone. You need a 210 out of 250 to earn the coveted Appleseed Rifleman patch.

Transition to seated, course of fire is 5 rounds on the left target and 5 on the right.

Transition to prone is 3-3-4.

Slow-fire prone is 2-2-3-3.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    hey hop, contact brian and see if he will loan you the .22lr bolt carrier group for your AR, that should do the trick

The problem I see with a .22 adapter & appleseed is the number of mags (I'd need at least a couple) + the length of the mag when shooting prone. I see AR-15 guys mostly using 20 round mags for appleseed shoots.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The problem I see with a .22 adapter & appleseed is the number of mags (I'd need at least a couple) + the length of the mag when shooting prone. I see AR-15 guys mostly using 20 round mags for appleseed shoots.

I've seen guys use the 30-round magazines. I just may use my 9mm AR just to make the holes bigger! :rockwoot: :laugh:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've seen guys use the 30-round magazines. I just may use my 9mm AR just to make the holes bigger! :rockwoot: :laugh:

For shame Mr Que. MCFG says this one is .22 rimfire only! :D

"This is a .22lr ONLY event. NO Centerfire allowed"

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    For shame Mr Que. MCFG says this one is .22 rimfire only! :D

"This is a .22lr ONLY event. NO Centerfire allowed"

My 9mm doesn't quite strike in the center, so why are you being such a stickler?! :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Just a note: Those 30 rd mags may make you monopod in prone, which won't let you score Rifleman. You don't need more than 10 rds per stage for Appleseed except on the first and last target of the day, in which you use 13 rds. On the rapid-fire stages, there's also a mag change, so really, two or more 10 rd. mags will do you just fine for our course of fire.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom