• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Increasingly, we are able to show in video what it is that we do and what we are about in video form. This thread is for those videos and I hope they will help people become interested and involved in our program to save this great nation.

This first video is the best we have to speak for who and what we are and well deserves the first spot in this thread:

YouTube - Appleseed Project

Other videos to follow.

P.S. Thanks to IreneRojasMedia for this amazing video. It really captures us well.

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    As we have grown, Appleseed has been honored to not only train indiviudals, but has been asked to use our skills and techniques to in order to train units of the military who are preparing to head into combat overseas. It began at Ft. Stewart this last fall and will happen again soon in New Mexico.

While we are not allowed to share many specifics due to OPSEC rules of the military, this video well captures the special honor and trust that was given to Appleseed at Ft. Stewart and the hard work we dedicated ourselves to in order to give each and every soldier the skills needed to fulfill the mission and come home alive.

YouTube - Ft Stewart National Guard RWVA Appleseed

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    And lest anyone misunderstand our tie to history, let us be clear: We are the inheritors of a unique history that men and women bled to give to us. It is that history that we honor through the teaching of it and through the skills that we carry on from those ancestors:

YouTube - Adaptive Appleseed

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Techres - was that your voice in the first video??? at the very beginning, and again in the 1st third? Sounded like it might be you.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Techres - was that your voice in the first video??? at the very beginning, and again in the 1st third? Sounded like it might be you.

No, that was not me. I wish I had been there, it has been years since I have listened to The Guy give the message and stories. If you EVER get the chance, be at an Appleseed with him. Period.

I am going to be sure that my schedule coincides with his this year, it has been too long since I have heard his word.

17Chap

Plinker
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Hope this isn't too dumb a question but is there an AS YouTube page or an IN AS YouTube page? If so I will want to subscribe.

Jess

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    First, Techres, great videos!
    Second, Jess, we are working on a national You Tube Appleseed page and there are some out there, but they have not been brought to a coherent whole yet. It would not surprise me one whit if Techres has an IN You Tube page up his sleeve.

Hawkhavn

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Folks, I can't speak for any of you, but when I hear the Riflemen and Instructors (all are both) in that video speak of our mission, our message, and our heritage, it gives me a swelling of pride in my chest and a chill down my spine to think of how low we have allowed our standard to sink.

It also reaffirms my understanding of and dedication to those ideals.

Blessings,
    Bill

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    As we have grown, Appleseed has been honored to not only train indiviudals, but has been asked to use our skills and techniques to in order to train units of the military who are preparing to head into combat overseas. It began at Ft. Stewart this last fall and will happen again soon in New Mexico.

While we are not allowed to share many specifics due to OPSEC rules of the military, this video well captures the special honor and trust that was given to Appleseed at Ft. Stewart and the hard work we dedicated ourselves to in order to give each and every soldier the skills needed to fulfill the mission and come home alive.

YouTube - Ft Stewart National Guard RWVA Appleseed

If the military would give you the oportunity to train america's soldiers...then i am with you!

Bull13

Plinker
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hamilton Cty
    What Appleseed means to me

Although I am not YET a Rifleman, I will persevere until I am. Striving to obtain the patch and distinction, that the few have earned, is with in my reach and it will be done.

More importantly than becoming a Rifleman, I have assumed the distinction as an Ambassador for the Appleseed Project. Just because I am not at the goal line, or surpassing that goal, does not mean I should not attempt to awaken the sleeping giant that lives within the peoples of this country.

It is true; there are many who are beyond awakening. Blind and oblivious to the reality we live in. However, it is not for me to judge who they are, but shake them all and see who stirs.:patriot:

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I can't say he said it or not but it still sounds like one man's opinion to me.

exactly. your link didn't disprove anything. It just says that he doesn't believe it as he hasn't seen anything written on it. However I will say this. I have been to tons of appleseeds both as a participant and Instructor and I have never once heard japan brought up except in this video. most Instructors myself included stick to the history of April 19 1775.

and on top of that there is way more important stuff to take away from that video than that quote :)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    exactly. your link didn't disprove anything. It just says that he doesn't believe it as he hasn't seen anything written on it. However I will say this. I have been to tons of appleseeds both as a participant and Instructor and I have never once heard japan brought up except in this video. most Instructors myself included stick to the history of April 19 1775.

and on top of that there is way more important stuff to take away from that video than that quote :)

Pretty much this ^^^

There's a lot more to the video. The 99.999% of history discussed at an Appleseed is limited to the time frame surrounding April 19, 1775.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom