• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Of all the Appleseed videos I have seen that has got to be the corniest, dorkiest one of the bunch. Next time I see GS I am going to kick him in the kale shake for reposting it.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    Of all the Appleseed videos I have seen that has got to be the corniest, dorkiest one of the bunch. Next time I see GS I am going to kick him in the kale shake for reposting it.

Is he still drinking that stuff? ... wow, such a foul looking brew! Didn't you take a sip? ... or am I misremembering? :laugh:

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county

Lol I thought it was a good video. Some people just don't want to see it for what it is. I'll see you saturday for the kick good sir! and I'm off the kale shakes for now :)

besides look how many visitors this forum has gotten since the bump of your new favorite video!!

warthog

Shooter
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I just got the Tech Sights on my 10//22. I may or my not be able to zero them in before the shoot. Will there be a chance to get this done or not? I realize this ammo isn't covered in the offer, but I do have a few boxes of .22LR laying around. So I was thinking if I was able to come a bit early I might be able to get my rifle zeroed? Will this be OK.

Otherwise I am ready. I have my rifle, ammo, sling on the rifle, a notebook, pen and marker and even a staple gun and staples. I have multiple magazines for my rifle as well, I think I have eight of them once I take them outta my other two and round them all up. I thought to bring all of them in case someone else doesn't have an extra for their 10/22 and I even have an extra sling in case people don't have one of those. I took the slings off of my 3 M1's. I also have cleaning stuff so if my rifle is starting to get cruddy, I can clean it.

I don't really want to bring a centerfire rifle, it will only make my back hurt me faster than if I only shot .22's. I did want to ask something I found odd though. On the webpage telling what to bring it says the .17HMR's aren't permitted die to some safety issue. What would that be? I have plenty of .22's to take with me but that warning struck me odd since I have and shoot a Remington 597(?) in 17HMR and I don't recall even seeing anything that warrants the 17HMR as being unsafe.

Finally, can someone give me some idea of the positions and how quickly you have to get into them? As I have said to Grunt Soldier before, I may or may not be able to move into some positions quickly or even comfortably at all. By comfortably I am saying that it will hurt, a lot, for me to get into them and would likely effect how long I am able to stay and manage to drive back home.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I just got the Tech Sights on my 10//22. I may or my not be able to zero them in before the shoot. Will there be a chance to get this done or not? I realize this ammo isn't covered in the offer, but I do have a few boxes of .22LR laying around. So I was thinking if I was able to come a bit early I might be able to get my rifle zeroed? Will this be OK.

Otherwise I am ready. I have my rifle, ammo, sling on the rifle, a notebook, pen and marker and even a staple gun and staples. I have multiple magazines for my rifle as well, I think I have eight of them once I take them outta my other two and round them all up. I thought to bring all of them in case someone else doesn't have an extra for their 10/22 and I even have an extra sling in case people don't have one of those. I took the slings off of my 3 M1's. I also have cleaning stuff so if my rifle is starting to get cruddy, I can clean it.

I don't really want to bring a centerfire rifle, it will only make my back hurt me faster than if I only shot .22's. I did want to ask something I found odd though. On the webpage telling what to bring it says the .17HMR's aren't permitted die to some safety issue. What would that be? I have plenty of .22's to take with me but that warning struck me odd since I have and shoot a Remington 597(?) in 17HMR and I don't recall even seeing anything that warrants the 17HMR as being unsafe.

Finally, can someone give me some idea of the positions and how quickly you have to get into them? As I have said to Grunt Soldier before, I may or may not be able to move into some positions quickly or even comfortably at all. By comfortably I am saying that it will hurt, a lot, for me to get into them and would likely effect how long I am able to stay and manage to drive back home.

Sounds like you are ready to go. Concentrate on yourself and your equipment. The AS instructors will have all the extra equipment needed to help the rest of the participants. You're there to learn, not provide help or assistance to the other shooters ... after you've attended a few AS's and shot your rifleman score, then you can volunteer to become an instructor ... then you get to assemble all sorts of equipment that may or may not be used at any given AS (I never carried vet tape before becoming an AS volunteer).

Absolutely no need to come by early unless you want to socialize. There will be plenty of time to zero your rifle, plus you won't be allowed to bring a rifle to the line until the Shoot Boss gives you permission.

A centerfire rifle might be fun for Sunday if the AS you're attending is shooting Known Distance. At Crawfordsville they can shoot at 100 yds, but this is up to the Shoot Boss.

As to positions, you will be in prone for most of the time. Sitting and standing are the other two positions that are taught. There are variations to the sitting position that are taught ... open legged, kneeling, etc. Basically, you are asked to try everything, but to not do anything that will cause you pain or irreparable damage ... discomfort is o.k. since most people just don't use these positions. The best thing you can do is to do some stretching between now and when you attend your AS.

The timing of the positions only occurs when you are shooting the AQT. You will most likely shoot only 1 AQT on Saturday. Sunday will start with checking rifle zeros, then on to shooting AQT's. Stage 1 of the AQT is standing, no transitions, no magazine change, no NPOA shift. Stage 2 is transition from standing to sitting with a magazine change and NPOA shift. Stage 3 is transition from standing to prone, also with magazine change and NPOA shifts. Stage 4 is prone, no transition, no magazine change, but with NPOA shifts. All of the actual timing and shooting sequence will be explained before each stage.

FWIW, vitamin I (Ibuprofen) is your friend ... take some before, during, and after the event. And drink lots and lots of water, even in the winter months.

tj

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    People are blowing up guns shooting 17 semi autos. Squids and slam does to beat the band. That's why.

Cable

Marksman
    Dec 9, 2012
    This is hands down the best appleseed video i've seen to date. I'm surprised its not used more often to promote the events.

Its good to see familiar faces in the video. Commentary and voice overs are first-rate!

[video=youtube_share;ZZ2-ERRE6TE]http://youtu.be/ZZ2-ERRE6TE[/video]

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Dave was the Shoot Master when I attended and he and his crew were very professional. Dave is a great representative for the Appleseed Program.

Top Bottom