• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    We are under two weeks out from the first Appleseed shoot in Nashville for the year. Come out and enjoy two days of rifle marksmanship and American heritage in beautiful Brown county before it gets too hot! Improve your shooting and hear the story of how this great nation came to be.

C ya,

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Excellent, longbarrel. I look forward to meeting you. Anybody else for history and marksmanship? Don't let scarcity of .22 LR ammo keep you from attending. If that is your only reason for not attending then I will sell you, at my cost, the .22 LR ammo you need for the shoot. PM me and we can get that worked out. No rifle? We can get you a loaner. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can arrange.

C ya,

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Alright! We've got longbarrel and ol' Huff. How about the rest of ya? There is still plenty of room on the line and we've got a week to fill it.

Do you know the name of the horse that Paul Revere rode on his Midnight Ride? Show up at Nashville and find out.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I do I do! I may try to get there Sunday but just depends on how things shake out. Having one day off a week is hurting my trigger time for sure.

gatorindy

Marksman
    Oct 2, 2009
    I'm in. bringing a buddy. Will there be time to boil water at lunch? Was thinking something warm for lunch might be nice.
    Thanks

We are under two weeks out from the first Appleseed shoot in Nashville for the year. Come out and enjoy two days of rifle marksmanship and American heritage in beautiful Brown county before it gets too hot! Improve your shooting and hear the story of how this great nation came to be.

C ya,

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    More people are signing up and there is still plenty of room on the line. I've got a brand new set of never been shot before target backers just waiting to have some folks put nice little groups in them. How often do you get the chance to put inaugural holes in a fresh set of backers? DON'T PASS UP ON THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY! Make history! Hear history! Learn marksmanship! Huzzah!

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    there is a fee. It's 60 dollars for both days. no range fee at nashville. so $60 bucks for 2 days of amazing instruction. you can shoot 22 and centerfire so your good with most rifles. Most instruction will be done at 25 but on sunday afternoon you guys will move back to 100 and ring some steel.

If you need to borrow a 22lr most instructors will have a extra one set up and ready to roll just in case and I believe mr Heeter will even sell you some 22 ammo at his cost! that way you can save money on centerfire ammo if you wanted!

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    scoutsniper,

You can bring your AR15 if you want to shoot it. No worries. If you would rather not burn through that much .223 I will be bringing a loaner rifle or 2 and plenty of ammo. Looking forward to meeting you!

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is tomorrow! Quick recap:

1) History, heritage and fundamental rifle marksmanship
    2) Rifles available for loan if you don't have one of your own
    3) .22LR Ammo available for purchase (at seller's cost) if you don't have your own
    4) Motivated volunteer instructor corps bent on making every American Citizen a rifleman
    5) semi-celebrity guests shipped in from other counties and out-of-state

Dress appropriately: Saturday's forecast is sunny with a high of 58*. Sunday things cool off a bit with a high of 36* with a chance of Mudcat.

See you on the line tomorrow around 0800 for check-in.

brian

gatorindy

Marksman
    Oct 2, 2009
    Had Great time

Had a great time this weekend! Thanks for all the hard work and effort put forth by the instructors. You earn every penny! (I know you don't get paid and if you did 99 percent of us couldn't afford that level of commitment.)
    I am getting ready to order some more targets and will be practicing more in the near future. Hindsight I wish I had taken a few more notes, but I jotted down a lot when I got home last night.

I have a couple of questions:
    What is the name of the book is it: Paul Revere's ride by David Hackett Fischer?
    And :
    Slim can you send me the photo of my out of battery detonation? I think it took out my mag release. I haven't cleaned my rifle yet but I'm pretty sure something broke or was disconnected. I will be back in the near future to earn the rifleman score with the Marlin LTR!

Thanks again!
    John

Top Bottom