• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Seems this is a common question for us folks trying to keep it legal and do the proper paperwork to stay out of the Graybar Motel.

I filled out the paperwork, paid the dues, scaled it an mailed it in Hancock County on 01/28/08. I tracked my "Bank bought" money order and found that it was cashed by the State one week to the day. I read some where online, it escapes me where now, but... once your money order is cashed you can count on approximately 7-8 weeks for the permit/license to arrive via snail mail.

I'll post when I receive my permit/license in an effort to give others an idea of wait time. Granted this will be subject to whatever back log exists at the ISP. But I know when your looking for info, any smidgeon of hope helps. :D

PistolPete :draw:, is in the same boat as I am. Although he's already at his 7 or 8th week of wait if memory serves me correctly.

Oh and a good read for anyone that hasn't read it yet...check out the online gun safety course on Pop Gun's website. Its a good reminder read , with some hidden gems. :)

RogerB :thumbsup:

PistolPete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    BroadRipple
    KDUBCR250 that is good news. I will be either seven or eight weeks tomorrow since I applied. I actually took mine down to the city county building downtown Indy. It would be a nice surprise to actually get this thing and be able to shoot my new Springfield XD9. Unfortunately I can't secure it in a trunk to go to a range because I drive a trailblazer. :dunno:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I feel your pain I have a XD .45 and just today got to take it to the range 300 rounds through her kinda made up for it I guess ! Funny thing was I opened carried it to the range and had to stop at a gas station and while I was there a police office came in and I felt kinda wierd having my XD on me :dunno: He just kinda looked at me and then the gun but never said anything :rockwoot:

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Yea its been taking a while. I think mine was close to 8 weeks. My current one had expired before I got my new one.

RogerB where in Hancock county do you live? Don and I are both in Hancock County over behind Wal-mart.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    It took me 18 weeks to get my permit, which is a load of bull if you ask me. They (ISP) have 60 days to approve or deny your application. Why it took so long, I don't know, but I received it 4 or 5 days after the issue date on the permit.

The only thing I'm pissed about is that I messed up and didn't get the lifetime. :xmad:

Does anyone know the procedure for applying while your current permit is still valid?

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Welcome Roger. :welcome:

Rizzo... not sure if they will credit you or what. good question.
    I don't mind paying the entire amount for a new permit prematurely, I would rather be able to get the lifetime and pay a little more now than not be able to get it later.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Hey, at least you have the permit.

I'm sure they'll keep the lifetime option so you'll be able to get it on your next renewal.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    How bad do you want the lifetime permit? Can you wait till yours is almost up?

Call your local PD and tell em that you lost your permit, but you are still looking for it. Ask what options you have to get another one. If they offer the option to renew on a lifetime its probably going to cost you the full amount.

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    I did mine last summer and it seems like it took over 8 weeks. A buddy of mine just did his at the begining of the year and he got it a few weeks ago. Good luck

Top Bottom