• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Called the ISP gun Division at 232-8264 today. As of today they are processing applications submitted on Jan 22nd. I applied Jan 28th, they told me it will be approx. 7-10 more days for mine to process and be mailed out.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Called the ISP gun Division at 232-8264 today. As of today they are processing applications submitted on Jan 22nd. I applied Jan 28th, they told me it will be approx. 7-10 more days for mine to process and be mailed out.

I need to call and see if mine has been processed yet

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Date 2/27/08 Called the ISP Gun Div at 232-8264 to check status of application. They pulld up my info and confirmed it was processed yesterday, 2/26 and put in the mail today.

Now its up to the USPS to get it to me in a timely manner. :thumbsup:

PistolPete :cheers:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Seems this is a common question for us folks trying to keep it legal and do the proper paperwork to stay out of the Graybar Motel.

I filled out the paperwork, paid the dues, scaled it an mailed it in Hancock County on 01/28/08. I tracked my "Bank bought" money order and found that it was cashed by the State one week to the day. I read some where online, it escapes me where now, but... once your money order is cashed you can count on approximately 7-8 weeks for the permit/license to arrive via snail mail.

I'll post when I receive my permit/license in an effort to give others an idea of wait time. Granted this will be subject to whatever back log exists at the ISP. But I know when your looking for info, any smidgeon of hope helps. :D

PistolPete :draw:, is in the same boat as I am. Although he's already at his 7 or 8th week of wait if memory serves me correctly.

Oh and a good read for anyone that hasn't read it yet...check out the online gun safety course on Pop Gun's website. Its a good reminder read , with some hidden gems. :)

RogerB :thumbsup:

Okay the day has arrived :): Applied 1/28, money order cashed 2/4, permit deliverd today 2/29. 4 week turn around, not shabby at all, now to legally go to the range:D:draw: not that I ever went illegally that would just be wrong :thumbsup:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I just found this and I think it answers some of our questions. Basically, $100 and you can convert your current permit to a lifetime.

http://www.lcav.org/states/indiana.asp said:
    Indiana Code Annotated § 35-47-2-4(b), as amended by 2006 Ind. House Enrolled Act No. 1176, requires payment of the following fees for a license to carry a handgun:
    • A $5 fee for a qualified four-year license, a $30 fee for an unlimited four-year license;
    • For persons who currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license, a $20 fee for a lifetime qualified license, and a $60 fee for a lifetime unlimited license; and
    • For persons who do not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license, a $25 fee for a lifetime qualified license, and a $75 fee for a lifetime unlimited license.
    In addition, Section 35-47-2-3(b)(1), as amended by 2006 Ind. House Enrolled Act No. 1176 provides that the following fees must accompany an application for a license to carry a handgun:
    • For a four-year license, a $10 fee, $5 of which is refunded if the license is not issued;
    • For a lifetime license for someone who currently possesses a valid Indiana handgun license, a $40 fee, $30 of which is refunded if the license is not issued; and
    • For a lifetime license for someone who does not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license, a $50 fee, $30 of which is refunded if the license is not issued.

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    I read somewhere that you couldnt apply for your lifetime until your current 4 yr was within 6 mos of expiring. Im not really sure. Kinda confusing. Guess thats the Gov. for ya...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Got It!

The wife and I applied on the 25th of Jan.
    Arrived in the mail last night March 6th.

Made about 20 copies of each on the standard 20# pink stock.
    Signed and laminated all and kept the originals in the safe.
    There will be a copy any where and any vehicle I might be occupying.
    It's a $20.00 charge for a replacement + the hassle of getting a replacement, so make some copies would be my advice.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't see why not

Well, It's not currency although it cost alot. It is not on any
    kind of specialty paper. The license is merely a piece of 20# pastel pink paper with your name and license number upon it. Finished piece is indistinguishable from the original. What do you think happens if you lose or destroy the license in the first place. The state has all of the info on a computer and just hits print. If a LEO ever needed to call in your license in the number would be the same. You are not trying to be deceptive, just making sure you have your license with you. Would you rather go through the hassle of "Whoops.. um.. I don't seem to have it officer.... must be in my other pants.... can I get a Mulligan on this one.?????" I would think they would be appreciative to have someone who holds the law in high regard, is complying with that law, that cares enough and is an upstanding citizen who pursued the lawful path. Also nowhere does it state "DO NOT COPY" Again it is not like a drivers license that is BMV issued. Now if they go to the expense and trouble of issuing a CCW license like a standard drivers license that might be another matter.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I scanned the complete page and then cropped the license portion to an individual file. Saved it all in .jpg and .pdf formats to my personal records folder. Kinda figured it might be handy to print one as needed.

To think, when we first got our licenses, a buddy and I both bitched that they didn't send us a laminated copy for the money paid. After the fact, I think this worked out much better.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Pete, I scanned my laminated license in at the house this morning. The result was better than expected considering the scanner I used. Will definitely need the #20 pink paper stock to print it though. The text shows up pretty light almost grey, and the background color is lighter as well. But might be worth tweaking to get good copies.

Oh and no word from JP today either, I think he got a serious case of lead poisoning yesterday lmao :draw::cheers::shoot:

PistolPete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    BroadRipple
    Pete, I scanned my laminated license in at the house this morning. The result was better than expected considering the scanner I used. Will definitely need the #20 pink paper stock to print it though. The text shows up pretty light almost grey, and the background color is lighter as well. But might be worth tweaking to get good copies.

Oh and no word from JP today either, I think he got a serious case of lead poisoning yesterday lmao :draw::cheers::shoot:
    LMAO. Yes he definitely has some holes he needs to fill. I can recommend a good plastic surgeon. :lmfao::thumbsup:

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I got mine in 24 days.
    They waived the state fee due to my 01FFL but the City/County clipped me for $50.
    The way I read the law i shouldn't have had to pay any fee.
    I've already gone thru the federal back ground check, including finger prints and photo.

$50 is still a bargain for a lifetime permit, I guess I need to go get some cheese to go with my whine.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    That's a great idea. Is it legally binding?

I don't see it as a problem unless the police really want to hassle you. Indiana is pretty liberal about a requirement to carry the actual license.

IC 35-47-2-24
    Indictment or information; defendant's burden to prove exemption or license; arrest, effect of production of valid license, or establishment of exemption
    Sec. 24. (a) In an information or indictment brought for the enforcement of any provision of this chapter, it is not necessary to negate any exemption specified under this chapter, or to allege the absence of a license required under this chapter. The burden of proof is on the defendant to prove that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, or that he has a license as required under this chapter.
    (b) Whenever a person who has been arrested or charged with a violation of section 1 of this chapter presents a valid license to the prosecuting attorney or establishes that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, any prosecution for a violation of section 1 of this chapter shall be dismissed immediately, and all records of an arrest or proceedings following arrest shall be destroyed immediately.

Top Bottom