• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm glad you chose the word oppression, because that means you do understand. I could choose to be Jewish, that is a choice right? I could choose to drink a beer, or if I found beer and alcohol disgusting, I might prefer a doober after work. Choice is the essence of freedom. You obviously believe that people who smoke pot are sub human, untermensch. I say they are the same as you and I, except oppressed. You drink beer, they smoke. What if the tables were turned and you were persecuted and branded with a scarlet letter for drinking illegal alcohol sir? Would you be oppressed then? Cops who don't see the big picture with MJ, are of the same mentality as cops who would take all our guns if they were made illegal--just because they are illegal (you think cops would never obey that directive, but I say all evidence shows they would zealously enforce a gun ban).

You know what happened when alcohol was illegal...Al Capone type gangsters made a fortune because the demand for alcohol nationwide never ceased, and that is the same thing happening now, but the Mexican cartels are getting rich off pot. I think most would agree the cartels are the most heinous and murderous threat to civility, and guess what--you can blame MJ prohibition on that.:rolleyes:

I apologize Exline for the rant in your thread, but I hope your brother keeps his chin up, because laws do change. Pot has already been decriminalized in 14 states, Indiana is just behind the times.

Where have I stated that MJ users were subhuman? As a matter of fact, I'm one of the guys that think MJ probably should be decriminalized. My biggest issue with MJ is that, in my experience, most of its "aficionados," are incredibly lazy and have below average intelligence.... Not the ideal demographic for a successful nation.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Where have I stated that MJ users were subhuman? As a matter of fact, I'm one of the guys that think MJ probably should be decriminalized. My biggest issue with MJ is that, in my experience, most of its "aficionados," are incredibly lazy and have below average intelligence.... Not the ideal demographic for a successful nation.

That is true in a lot of cases. I will giv u that. But ther are more functional users than u giv credit. When a person goes home after work and chugs a case of beers, other than the fact the government says its illegal, what's the difference. Ther are a lot of users who have good jobs and are very responsible. It's no different than the guy chugging beers everyday. But I'l giv u the fact there are some flat out potheads. But ther are flat out drunks too so what's the difference. Not trying to get into some right wrong argument. Me personally just doesn't understand y they make it so different. I also agree with the poster who said if mj was legal/decriminalized the cartels wouldn't b involved in it. Ther would b no money to b made if it was regulated because u could get it at a store just like beer or cigs. The war on MJ is a very expensive joke for this country.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Most likely they'd be that way with or without the pot.

Pot doesn't make someone an idiot per se, but a lot of idiots like to smoke pot. That, I think, is a big part of the problem people have with drugs.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Most likely they'd be that way with or without the pot.

Pot doesn't make someone an idiot per se, but a lot of idiots like to smoke pot. That, I think, is a big part of the problem people have with drugs.

Oh, I agree. If Jesus had smoked pot, it wouldn't be an issue.

Oh nation still has tons of puritanical issues that hold great sway. And, in my belief, the direction the nation travels in the future, is certainly tied up in issues like this.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Just because they don't go to jail doesn't mean their lives aren't dramatically changed.

I didn't say that they weren't.

Nobody is more in favor of complete, 100% legalization than me. Just look at some of my old posts and don't assume things.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Oh, I agree. If Jesus had smoked pot, it wouldn't be an issue.

Oh nation still has tons of puritanical issues that hold great sway. And, in my belief, the direction the nation travels in the future, is certainly tied up in issues like this.

I know. It galls me to the core, too.

As a drummer for several bands since 1983 I've known a LOT of potheads over the years. A large number of them have been recreational smokers, and perfectly functional, able to hold down good jobs, take care of their families, etc. Some made a LOT of money in the real, legitimate work world.

When your main contact with potheads is with the idiots, it's more often going to be because they're idiots, and it's very easy to confuse that with "because they're potheads." You just don't often run into the non-idiot ones, because they're not idiots and don't do other stupid things to attract your attention.

Based on personal experience, I would much rather sit in a room full of pot smokers than a room full of beer drinkers or whiskey drinkers. Pot heads just about never start fights when they're high, but a lot of real drinkers will throw down in a heartbeat.

edited: and when I say "you" I don't necessarily mean you, specifically, and I'm not trying to be condescending (like I know your job better than you do or something lol), so please don't take it that way.

Last edited:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I didn't say that they weren't.

Nobody is more in favor of complete, 100% legalization than me. Just look at some of my old posts and don't assume things.

No problem, I was being defensive because people were calling me names earlier. "You" does not mean you personally. I'm glad I'm not the only 'disgrace to INGO'.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    No problem, I was being defensive because people were calling me names earlier. "You" does not mean you personally. I'm glad I'm not the only 'disgrace to INGO'.

For the record, I do not do drugs. I have no interest in that ****. I just think that we have better uses of our resources than to waste them punishing people for getting hungry, happy, and sleepy.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For the record, I do not do drugs. I have no interest in that ****. I just think that we have better uses of our resources than to waste them punishing people for getting hungry, happy, and sleepy.

That's very reasonable. But we don't have a reasonable populace. And we're talking big business here.

People are making big money keeping it illegal - not keeping it inaccessible - just keeping it "controlled" *lol snort*.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    That's very reasonable. But we don't have a reasonable populace. And we're talking big business here.

People are making big money keeping it illegal - not keeping it inaccessible - just keeping it "controlled" *lol snort*.

Preaching to the choir...

Luke76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Someone sent me a PM and asked if I put my misdemeanor down on the LTCH app. I can't send reply to them since I don't have enough posts so I'm posting here in response.

Yes I did put it down along with a driving while suspended misdemeanor that happened around a similar time. I don't remember but I may have even put down the no insurance tickets (it was a bad time in my life). I'd think not putting it down would not be a good thing and would be considered lying on the app which they can reject you for.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    Well....you guys are going to be shocked as I am. My bother got his LTCH in the mail yesterday. I guess he had already filled out the app before he ever asked me for my opinion, it only took a couple weeks. I am shocked!!!

OLDSMITH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Well....you guys are going to be shocked as I am. My bother got his LTCH in the mail yesterday. I guess he had already filled out the app before he ever asked me for my opinion, it only took a couple weeks. I am shocked!!!
    Good for him. I am glad to see one more LTCH keeping us a little safer out there.

Top Bottom