• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    Ok so it wasn't here in Indiana or even in the Great Lakes...but I still had to post some of my pics.

These were taken from Cayuga Lake in NY a couple weeks ago. It is one of the finger lakes. We go back to PA every April to do some trout fishing and the finger lakes in NY are one place we try to include.

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    Partial Jigging with 1oz jigs and Zoom Tubes. Fished in 125' of water. Let it drop to bottom then jig it a few times then do a quick retrieve...almost all the strikes come on the retrieve.

The jigging gets their attention and the quick retrieve causes them to strike.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Nothing like rocking a PANTERA concert t-shirt with nice fish. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spend my youth in the finger lakes region and still miss it. In the summer we fished for pike and in the fall the sky would darken with geese and 3 unaimed shots could kill 3 birds.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I'll be on Cayuga in two weeks where at were you my grandfather has a cabin on the east side of the lake just south of Long Point State Park. He also has property in Ithaca. You just got me more excited to go!

Last edited:

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    I'll be on Cayuga in two weeks where at were you my grandfather has a cabin on the east side of the lake just south of Long Point State Park. He also has property in Ithaca. You just got me more excited to go!

We launched from Deans Cove boat launch, which is on west side of lake just about in the middle of the lake, across the lake from Aurora.

We usually fish Keuka in the spring but we tried someplace different.

Top Bottom