Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I shot my carry gun from an IWB holster. No gaming here today. But at the match I had three magazines on me and less rounds because of the rules such as division capacity.

Jake was faster and I blame the vest or lack thereof. I don't do vests at all unless I am on a boat.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I shot my nowlin 1911 in 45, same gun I shot all those idpa matches with since 2002.

Original bladetech holster, and double Wilson leather mag pouch.

I did not use my cheater seven round mags, used 8 round Wilson's. The vest was a now classic Royal Robbins vest, pre 5.11. I used to have velcroed inside of it plastic inserts and weighted to swing open faster. Vest is 13 years old, I got it zipped up tonight, but almost passed out

It was fun'ish.

I plan on shooting some more this year.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I shot my nowlin 1911 in 45, same gun I shot all those idpa matches with since 2002.

Original bladetech holster, and double Wilson leather mag pouch.

I did not use my cheater seven round mags, used 8 round Wilson's. .

What are cheater 7 round mags? And if I shoot an IDPA match, will I be at a disadvantage since all I have are 7 rounders?

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    What are cheater 7 round mags? And if I shoot an IDPA match, will I be at a disadvantage since all I have are 7 rounders?

IDPA requires you to load your gun to division capacity, if you use 8 rounds mags you will be 8+1 in your 1911.

If you use 7 rounds mags you are 7+1

In IDPA the only time you can drop a mag on the ground and leave it is if the mag and the gun are empty allowing to do a slide lock reload, which is faster than a reload with retention.

So using one less round allows you the ability to reload from slide lock more often

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    IMAG1196_zpsa4a7451a.jpg
    [/IMG]
    We need pictures of Jake with his vest zipped up!

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Are those blow out panels in the back??? Or I mean expansion panels that have been over expanded????

Send Mike a PM if you plan to show any skin in a picture. Otherwise the forum police will ban you for sure!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I may try this some time this year...the problem is that I HATE rules so I'll probably 0 every stage

I recommend using your SS gun and shooting to slide lock as much as possible. You should try it.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just thinking out loud....

I wonder what would happen if all these Riley guys really got going in IDPA. I wonder...
    Right now, I have two IDPA clubs within reasonable driving distance. Riley is closer than either by a fair margin...
    Man, I wonder what could happen if all these Riley guys wanted to shoot more IDPA...
    I wonder...

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

I wonder what would happen if all these Riley guys really got going in IDPA. I wonder...
    Right now, I have two IDPA clubs within reasonable driving distance. Riley is closer than either by a fair margin...
    Man, I wonder what could happen if all these Riley guys wanted to shoot more IDPA...
    I wonder...

We are just looking for a leader.... I will help set up when I can.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

I wonder...

This is where I started my competition shooting Oct 2000 when riley had idpa matches. If someone would step up to be a match director it would be great.

Between wildcat and redbrush there use to be a regional idpa and a state idpa match every year. But that went away in 2005.

Just need people that want to make it happen

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    IDPA requires you to load your gun to division capacity, if you use 8 rounds mags you will be 8+1 in your 1911.

If you use 7 rounds mags you are 7+1

In IDPA the only time you can drop a mag on the ground and leave it is if the mag and the gun are empty allowing to do a slide lock reload, which is faster than a reload with retention.

So using one less round allows you the ability to reload from slide lock more often

Thanks. So it sounds like I am not necessarily at a disadvantage with only having 7 round mags. :)

Top Bottom