• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    I really wish we had places closer to me in east central Indiana to shoot competitions like these. We dont have any in this neck of the woods that I am aware of. Closest would be ACC and thats probably 45 min from me.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    This is where I started my competition shooting Oct 2000 when riley had idpa matches. If someone would step up to be a match director it would be great.

Between wildcat and redbrush there use to be a regional idpa and a state idpa match every year. But that went away in 2005.

Just need people that want to make it happen

Yeah, I know.
    If I only were a member there...
    And lived closer...
    And was halfway dependable...
    And had some initiative...
    I might volunteer myself.

I was just thinking- It wasn't very long ago that most of the IDPA matches I've shot were at Riley. I don't know if I missed more than a couple of them, in any of the lives it had there.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I really wish we had places closer to me in east central Indiana to shoot competitions like these. We dont have any in this neck of the woods that I am aware of. Closest would be ACC and thats probably 45 min from me.

Acc is an hour and a half from me, I seldom miss a match.

I go to 3-4 matches a month, the closest one is 75 minutes away. If you are gonna participate in action shooting, you are going to have to drive, get up early...on a weekend.

It's not like these are right out your back door.

I'd be a happy camper if these shoots were only 45 minutes away.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    It took a few years for IDPA to get going in central IN, then a couple of ranges had it come and go a couple of times each. There were many months with no place to shoot IDPA. Multigun/3-gun was similar or worse. One of the two places I started shooting USPSA quit several years ago...
    Point being, things would be a lot easier for me if ACC was only 45 minutes away, but after so many dry spells I don't think too much about traveling twice as far to any of them. Glad to have that.

Anyone only 45 min from ACC would also be fairly close to Wildcat and Hamilton Co too; closer than many of the regulars anyway.

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County

As Bill already pointed out most of us drive over an hour or even two hours to get to matches every weekend. Get some of your buddies to go with you, everybody chip in on gas, and it's not a big deal. You will not regret it.
    There are several of us from the Warsaw area that shoot the USPSA match at ACC every month, that is a 2 hour ride for us, and it is always worth it.

Last edited:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Living in Illanoy the closest club for IDPA is 80miles to Wildcat folowed by Hamilton County and then Atlanta at 110miles. Naturally they all shoot on Saturday and Indiana is one hour ahead so working 2nd shift I could get maybe four hours sleep. I would have loved to have shot at Atlanta this last Saturday but it was the same day as my grandson's fifth birthday party. It is getting better because I just retired the end of March so I can start getting more sleep. Jim.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom