• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Ok Who built that rat trap? I mean the maze. How in the hell could a shooter or the RO keep track of the 180 in there? WOW!:yesway:
    They don't, typically the shooter gets penalized if he tries to backtrack. Like that small hole in the wall he shot through, or a side "hallway" or closet etc....If you run past it, you can't turn and back track to it, as the RO is standing in that path. Basically speed slicing the pie but if you miss an angle, you can't go back to it.

It is a moving 180 so to speak and at times the RO will stay as far back as possible and still be able to observe the shooter, especially on long hallways, if the shooter has to travel back down that route.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    OH!!!! that was crazy. i need to find some of those.
    It is not that simple. Stop video after he shoulders the shotgun. See that huge hunk of white metal under his reciever, you need that to make the speed loaders work on your gun.

I am trying to decide if he was running a Burris Speed bead on his gun?

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They don't, typically the shooter gets penalized if he tries to backtrack. Like that small hole in the wall he shot through, or a side "hallway" or closet etc....If you run past it, you can't turn and back track to it, as the RO is standing in that path. Basically speed slicing the pie but if you miss an angle, you can't go back to it.

It is a moving 180 so to speak and at times the RO will stay as far back as possible and still be able to observe the shooter, especially on long hallways, if the shooter has to travel back down that route.

There are no penalties that I am aware of in the USPSA/IPSC or IMGA rulebooks on backtracking during a COF.

It is not that simple. Stop video after he shoulders the shotgun. See that huge hunk of white metal under his reciever, you need that to make the speed loaders work on your gun.

You don't need that hunk of metal. When you buy a Tec Loader kit, it comes with a bracket. That metal piece is made by Arrendondo Accessories. Nice, but not a must have. People used the Tec Loader bracket for years before AA came out with that part.

I am trying to decide if he was running a Burris Speed bead on his gun?

It is likely either a JPoint, Doctor or Trijicon. Most likely the later since Mike is sponsored by Trijicon.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

I do not know how to say this politely. The 180 and safety are near and dear to everything USPSA. Since that is the President of the organization I am going to say this is a match following USPSA rules. The 180 is going to be a rule and a DQ for breaking it. Backtracking is also expressly allowed as the shooter must be able to solve the shooting problem any way they choose. We call it freestyle and the rule is 1.1.5, and is a huge basis for the entire sport. So you comments are uninformed.

A moving 180 would mean no 180.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I do not know how to say this politely. ********. The 180 and safety are near and dear to everything USPSA. Since that is the President of the organization I am going to say this is a match following USPSA rules. The 180 is going to be a rule and a DQ for breaking it. Backtracking is also expressly allowed as the shooter must be able to solve the shooting problem any way they choose. We call it freestyle and the rule is 1.1.5, and is a huge basis for the entire sport. So you comments are uninformed.

A moving 180 would mean no 180.
    Sure, it's cool if you are polite but then you take this politely when I say I am not impressed by gamers, not at all. Gamers paid for my fisrt car 30 years ago, my first 870 and many other things, because at the age of 14, I figured out how to beat them and take their money.

FYI, to me gamer is a curse word, so yeah I don't care if I am not up on the rules of games. Making a gun go fast involves only one thing, muscle memory and that is only a function of time and money.

In the game of life, in my house, Mr. Voight would be dead at exactly 21 seconds, so all his shooting after that becomes redundant. Kudos to Taran Butler for not using tecloaders but he is dead at 34 seconds...the exact same spot Voight would bite it at. So forgive me if I don't kneel at the alter of gamers but to mange your "180" to your death is stupid, don't you agree?

Who trains to run by an open hallway or open anything?! Gamers do.

You took my original statement very simplistically. The shoot I saw was basic and easy to track and involves zero decisions, except how to shoot each group of targets. Excluding the bad decison, the only true decison to make is at the end, go left or right and Mr. V and Mr B. did the exact opposite of each other. Each moved his 180 in a differnt direction? Who was right, who was wrong in that shoot? If neither, then by definiton it was not a decision.

My point was on a shoot that actually involves thoughtful movement, multiple decisons, use of cover, covering longer distances and or long runs and use of cover IF a shooter makes a bad decison, he pays for it. He must keep his 180. If a shooter makes a major mistake, like running by a hallway, door or open area in a large room he is NOT doing a 270 to go back and cover it, he is penalized. That also protects the RO. So my calling it a floating 180 means the 180 is guided by the shooter, there is a wrong way and a right way, always.

Backtracking is a given when leaving an area that has been cleared. Again, my point was if backtracking involves breaking the 180 it does not happen. You are dead anyway, why practice that? Trophies, money and bragging rights.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Sure, it's cool if you are polite but then you take this politely when I say I am not impressed by gamers, not at all. Gamers paid for my fisrt car 30 years ago, my first 870 and many other things, because at the age of 14, I figured out how to beat them and take their money.

FYI, to me gamer is a curse word, so yeah I don't care if I am not up on the rules of games. Making a gun go fast involves only one thing, muscle memory and that is only a function of time and money.

In the game of life, in my house, Mr. Voight would be dead at exactly 21 seconds, so all his shooting after that becomes redundant. Kudos to Taran Butler for not using tecloaders but he is dead at 34 seconds...the exact same spot Voight would bite it at. So forgive me if I don't kneel at the alter of gamers but to mange your "180" to your death is ****ing stupid, don't you agree?

You took my original statement very simplistically. The shoot I saw was basic and easy to track and involves zero decisions, except how to shoot each group of targets. Excluding the bad decison, the only true decison to make is at the end, go left or right and Mr. V and Mr B. did the exact opposite of each other. Each moved his 180 in a differnt direction? Who was right, who was wrong in that shoot? If neither, then by definiton it was not a decision.

My point was on a shoot that actually involves thoughtful movement, multiple decisons, use of cover, covering longer distances and or long runs and use of cover IF a shooter makes a bad decison, he pays for it. He must keep his 180. If a shooter makes a major mistake, like running by a hallway, door or open area in a large room he is NOT doing a 270 to go back and cover it, he is penalized. That also protects the RO. So my calling it a floating 180 means the 180 is guided by the shooter, there is a wrong way and a right way, always.

Backtracking is a given when leaving an area that has been cleared. Again, my point was if backtracking involves breaking the 180 it does not happen. You are dead anyway, why practice that? Trophies, money and bragging rights.

Obviously you have proven that the rules to these games are beyond you. My call was the fact that you were quoting rules and procedure and how things were done and you do not know. Common sense would mandate that you do not speak with authority about such things.

I have no idea why you are talking about your shooting abilities as though they were under attack, because they were not. I have no idea why you are talking about killing people here. Makes no sense.

Three gun, and other games are that, games. They are not training in and of themselves, but have a place as a part of training.

My advice would be to relax, and maybe try fishing.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    There are no penalties that I am aware of in the USPSA/IPSC or IMGA rulebooks on backtracking during a COF.

You don't need that hunk of metal. When you buy a Tec Loader kit, it comes with a bracket. That metal piece is made by Arrendondo Accessories. Nice, but not a must have. People used the Tec Loader bracket for years before AA came out with that part.

It is likely either a JPoint, Doctor or Trijicon. Most likely the later since Mike is sponsored by Trijicon.
    If you are going to use tec loaders, by definition you are buidling a run and gun gamer gun and if you build a gamer gun build it to the best standards of the day............use the best set up avalable. My definition of need is the gun needs to work to the best of it's ability. I am just saying to do it right is more then the cost of the tubes.....IMHO.

I walked away from tec loaders ten years ago due to limited amount of time in my life so I focused on training like I shoot and vice versa. Plus running down the hallway in my underwear with a drop leg rig holding tecloaders just didn't fit my HD uses and scared my bird dog.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    you guys are bumping the **** out of my thread, but are a little off topic :D

I'm sorry, too. I'd throw some gas on the fire if I wasn't worn out from laughing. If I only knew a little video about one of the best (the best?) shotgunners in the world would lead to all of this...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Just remember, we're all in these games for our own reasons. I know you're each passionate about your own favorite little part and the three of you are VERY good at what you do.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Huh??

Dude, have you ever actually participated in a USPSA multi-gun or similar match? What you're saying below makes no sense. I've never been in a match where you couldn't backtrack as long as you kept your muzzle downrange. I have no idea what a "moving 180" is. It certainly has no meaning in USPSA or any of the outlaw rules I've seen.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

You don't even need the standard bracket if your hands are big enough. If you've seen Jim Clark, Jr. shoot shotgun, he has no bracket on his gun. He just uses his hand as a guide for the tec loader. Darrel Stonebraker does it that way too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    WTF?

Where can I even begin with what is below?

Why are you talking about killing people? Why would Mike Voigt (no H in his name) try to enter your house?

Why do suddenly impose your conception of defensive tactics on what is clearly a game (both this topic and the subject matter of the video in question)?

Why do you assume that Mike Voigt would behave the same way in a non-gaming situation? Or Taran Butler for that matter?

Even if they were to attack you, which is ludicrous, why are you fantasizing that you would survive?

If you don't like gun games, that's your business (but it begs the question as to why you would shoot FNS), but the tirade below is the quintessence of the non-sequitur. Not only is it meaningless in the context, but you make far too many assumptions about people you don't know.

You were wrong about the rules. Get over it, move on, live with it.

In the game of life, in my house, Mr. Voight would be dead at exactly 21 seconds, so all his shooting after that becomes redundant. Kudos to Taran Butler for not using tecloaders but he is dead at 34 seconds...the exact same spot Voight would bite it at. So forgive me if I don't kneel at the alter of gamers but to mange your "180" to your death is ****ing stupid, don't you agree?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry, JT. I couldn't help it. That crap couldn't stand without some editorial commentary.

I shall rest now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom