• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crippledzeus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Westfield
    Hello everyone. I am working on my second build. My first was an AR-15 300 Blackout but now I am on to my second. This one will be an AR-10 but I am not sure the barrel type yet. I have a few questions that you all could probably answer.

1. Obviously the barrel or caliber. I am wanting to use this on Elk or Caribou on a trek west in the next couple of years and want to get the most bang for my buck <--- pun intended. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. Buttstock and tube is another curiosity as to what everyone else uses.

For this build I have an 80% lower with a Rise Armament single stage 3.5lb pull drop in trigger and generic (spare grip for now) with other basic parts that I have had lying around. I want to put my money into the barrel upper and bcg. I am left handed and been looking for (not much success) a left eject with right side side bolt. I have always adapted to the right hand world and am thinking of giving the left a try.

These are just some off the top thoughts as I am sure more will come once some recommendations start appearing.

Thanks for any input and ideas that you feel like offering.

Attachments

• ar10 lower 2.jpg
      ar10 lower 2.jpg
      231.4 KB · Views: 4
    • ar10 lower 1.jpg
      ar10 lower 1.jpg
      193.8 KB · Views: 4

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My first suggestion would be to research the area(s) you are thinking about hunting and check their regulations for legal firearms.
    After you know what is legal to use, then start making decisions on caliber.

That was my first thought.
    there are a myriad of different calibers to choose from. Actually finding the parts might be another issue.

I've seen,
    .338 Federal
    6.5 Creedmoor
    .260 Remington
    .243 Winchester
    7mm-08

Top Bottom