• ...and so much more!
  • Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    So I get this new Armalite AR-10 and trick it out and bought a bunch of New Gen II Armalite 20 rd mags direct from Armalite. Go out to shoot the rifle and took 3 of my mags to the range with me. 2 worked just fine, but the one would cause a failure to feed because the follower would tilt. I thought no big deal, a little breakfree will fix it, so I give it a shot of breakfree and it still kept tilting down and causing a failure to feed. So my question is " Is this something I can fix myself, or do I just have to send it back to Armalite and hope they make it right?"

I have about a dozen more mags to test. I hope this is the only one with a problem but you never know. I hate sending stuff back to the factory and dealing with customer service reps and if I can fix it myself I would rather do that. Anybody have any good ideas? Thank you
    Dwight

kylerudibaugh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Maybe take the mag apart and try some sandpaper on the inside surfaces, and the surfaces of the follower. Followed up with some dry graphite lube. Might work hope that fixes it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Maybe take the mag apart and try some sandpaper on the inside surfaces, and the surfaces of the follower. Followed up with some dry graphite lube. Might work hope that fixes it.

I'd send it back before messing with it. They'll replace it. If sanding on it doesn't work, they might view it as modified and refuse to replace it. That thing should work the first time, without any tweaking.

My brother-in-law has an AR10 and Armalite's customer service has been great to him.

ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I had some issues with my new Gen II mags and just needed to break them in, load them to max capacity and then empty them by hand..rinse and repeat.

After do this a dozen or so times you will feel the spring start to losen up and the work correctly on pushing up on the follower.

Top Bottom