• ...and so much more!
  • Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Well he did something with removing O rings from the ejector and was able to manually cycle a full mag through it. So it would appear at the moment to be related to the ejector.

He is lurking as a guest somewhere. He has been following y'all responses

Are you talking about O-rings in the extractor? These?

O-Ring_&_Extractor.jpg

Ron

solarpimp

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Irvington
    PSA usually sells assembled uppers that are headspaced. PSA AR-10's also are not standard. AR-15 stocks, carry handles and hand guards fit them because they are dimensionally closer to an AR-15 than a Stoner AR-10.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I forgot about that one.
    How would that interaction keep you from cycling the action?

I assume the combination of the spring, rubber spring plug and o-ring could cause too much extractor tension for it to pop over the case rim...which could also bring into question the buffer spring strength which has previously been mentioned.

Last edited:

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    How full is the mag? Try running it with 2 less rounds in the mag. I had an AR that didn’t what to peel off the first round from a completely full mag, but load 1-2 less and it was fine. Sometimes squeezing in that last round can make it tough to get the first round out.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I just worked on a friends Anderson AR10 that had similar issue. I had some extractor springs and O rings in my spare parts marked for AR10. The factory set up had some time of epoxy cake in the inner spring, restricting its movement. I replaced the extractor spring and rubber bumper and o ring. I used one print instead of 2 and it worked great. I think it was way too much tension on the extractor.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Understood CM. Momma and I have it worked out so that we both are able to buy stuff we want. Sure she gives me grief every time I bring home a new gun but mostly she just rolls her eyes and sighs. Now my daughter she always gets excited and wants to check it all out before she asks do I get to shoot it first?

Top Bottom