• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Sold my old Ace Socom stock and bought the mil-spec MOE stock, the buffer tube is a mil-spec Double Star. I'm loving how rock solid it is, it also dropped a decent amount of weight off the carbine.

It now weighs 5 pounds 15 ounces unloaded, I think I may keep the MOE handguards off it for now as I love how light it is.

Zephririfle_zpsebd54614.jpg

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Sold my old Ace Socom stock and bought the mil-spec MOE stock, the buffer tube is a mil-spec Double Star. I'm loving how rock solid it is, it also dropped a decent amount of weight off the carbine.

It now weighs 5 pounds 15 ounces unloaded, I think I may keep the MOE handguards off it for now as I love how light it is.

Thanks for the ACE and Ill soon have pics up. FYI the moe hg's are actually lighter the the stock ones far as I know. Way better shaped as well.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Thanks for the ACE and Ill soon have pics up. FYI the moe hg's are actually lighter the the stock ones far as I know. Way better shaped as well.

Hey no problem, I'm glad it went to someone who will enjoy it (Not that I didn't, it was just time to move on to something different)!

I don't know about the MOE vs. M4 hadguards but my MOE handguards with the MOE vertical grip installed weigh in at 9 oz while the CAR Handguards that are on it in the pic weigh 3 oz. I'll weigh the MOE without the vertical grip on it to see it it differs, who knows maybe with out that it will weigh 3 oz. too. ><

I don't know why I started weight weening but I'll most likely end up building another upper with a 14.5" lightweight barrel and a permanently attached F/H.

Heh guess it just gives me an excuse to build another carbine. =^,.,^= :):

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    Hey no problem, I'm glad it went to someone who will enjoy it (Not that I didn't, it was just time to move on to something different)!

I don't know about the MOE vs. M4 hadguards but my MOE handguards with the MOE vertical grip installed weigh in at 9 oz while the CAR Handguards that are on it in the pic weigh 3 oz. I'll weigh the MOE without the vertical grip on it to see it it differs, who knows maybe with out that it will weigh 3 oz. too. ><

I don't know why I started weight weening but I'll most likely end up building another upper with a 14.5" lightweight barrel and a permanently attached F/H.

Heh guess it just gives me an excuse to build another carbine. =^,.,^= :):

Keep in mind that free floating rails can sometimes be lighter than a standard handguard setup, particularly with a different delta ring/barrel nut you can save a few pounds. A few I can name right off the bat; the noveske nsr, the kac urx series, dd lite rail too

pic thread nsr below
    NoveskeNSR.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Zephri...looks great...but I think you lost your keys. :D

JCatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    A few that I have put together.

Noveske basic 14.5 pinned upper, gen 2 lower, SSA trigger, A5 buffer, Larue buis.
    photo-27.jpg

Noveske basic 16 upper, gen 2 lower, ALG ACT,
    photo-23.jpg

S&W lower, Stag lefty upper, YHM rail, ambi controls.
    photo-24.jpg

JCatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Noveske 8.2 barrel, NSR rail, gen 2 lower ALG ACT, BCM bolt, gunfighter
    photo-30.jpg

Tactical Innovations upper/lower. I have since put a Noveske Diplomat 7.5 barrel and Magpul K grip on this. Cerakoted Tungsten by Panacea in Decatur. They did an outstanding job!
    photo-29.jpg

22 lr for my wife, have a spare 5.56 upper for when she's feeling more Ginger than Mary Ann! Tactical Innovations lower (sequential to the pistol) CMMG dedicated upper that I put a Samson rail on, Eotech XPS
    photo-28.jpg

Will probably get this cerakoted burnt bronze
    I have a few more but no pics of them.

tdkahn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Noveske 8.2 barrel, NSR rail, gen 2 lower ALG ACT, BCM bolt, gunfighter
    photo-30.jpg

Tactical Innovations upper/lower. I have since put a Noveske Diplomat 7.5 barrel and Magpul K grip on this. Cerakoted Tungsten by Panacea in Decatur. They did an outstanding job!
    photo-29.jpg

What kind of 100-200 yd groups does that short of a barrel get?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom