• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Cool.:yesway: As an instructor for LEO and non LE I am surprised at the number of folks that don't do their homework. My post was just an attempt at a friendly heads up in case someone didn't know. It seems that some guys see something that looks cool, buy it, install it and call it done. We all have all run across the guy with a 5k gun that has never even shot the thing. He spends his time rubbing on the thing, taking pics of it and worrying about it getting a scratch on it. It always cracks me up.:twocents:

The beauty of a rifle, for me, comes from use. Ride her hard and put her away wet. Litteraly. I use my rifle, clean and lube her in preparation for the next outing. It's the only way to roll.......

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The beauty of a rifle, for me, comes from use. Ride her hard and put her away wet. Litteraly. I use my rifle, clean and lube her in preparation for the next outing. It's the only way to roll.......
    I've just cleaned every 500 rounds or so. I keep it pretty wet with oil so I don't have issues :).

advan031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    SoCal
    2nd lightweight build

8964838081_fe5212d9c0_b.jpg

JadeBrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    This is where mine is at right now. Working on it as funds become available. The next step is to replace the rail covers with OD ladder rail cover when I get some more money.

9050367548_2cd8795a7f.jpg

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    This is where mine is at right now. Working on it as funds become available. The next step is to replace the rail covers with OD ladder rail cover when I get some more money.

9050367548_2cd8795a7f.jpg
    Not trying to be a know-it-all, but shouldn't your rear back up site and your optic change places? And your front site be farther forward. Also, is that an AK magazine?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    ^ I typically mount my front sight as far forward as possible, and the rear sight as far back as possible. Then mount the optic as far forward on the receiver as I can, without going onto the hand guard. Not sure I've ever seen someone set their rifle up like that one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom