• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    [video=youtube;W5Tn1kqkCGY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Tn1kqkCGY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;U9A-kLBwiU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9A-kLBwiU8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;2zuXW5yeiK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zuXW5yeiK8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;90QHdD-I8fI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90QHdD-I8fI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Got the Wife's early birthday present done tonight (B-day is in June, lol).

10.5" 5.56 barrel
    Anderson upper and lower (she assembled the stripped lower herself)
    UTG PRO super slim 9" handguard (surprisingly solid and well made)
    TRS-25 red dot
    Rit dyed K2 grip and mags

attachment.php

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Here is my latest addition to the AR family. My SPR, I built it with the idea of precision shooting inside of 200yrds an so far results are very nice. Just need a bit more time behind the trigger.

SPR_zpspftha5bp.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That's bad! I like it, T-Dogg! The rit dyed grip and mags seal the deal! Well done! :rockwoot:
    Thank you, I appreciate that. My wife is very happy with it. She's probably more pleased that one of our guns is actually hers and not just one I said was hers (we've all done that, right?)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Here is my latest addition to the AR family. My SPR, I built it with the idea of precision shooting inside of 200yrds an so far results are very nice. Just need a bit more time behind the trigger.

SPR_zpspftha5bp.jpg

I really like that setup, clean and simple. The stainless fluted barrel gives it nice contrast too and who doesn't like stainless, right?

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    She's probably more pleased that one of our guns is actually hers and not just one I said was hers (we've all done that, right?)

Haha. Yes. When I bought my second AR it was really for me, until my gf said that she'd like to have one so that one became "hers". She never really thought of it as hers until last summer when I started getting her furniture and optics she liked and she was the one shooting it exclusively. It really became hers when she named it and this has made a big difference in how she feels about the rifle and shooting in general. She now sees shooting as a hobby that we share rather than my hobby that she tags along to.

Before
    2015-04-19%2009.55.08_zpslqwgfcqp.jpg~320x480

after
    2015-04-19%2009.54.16_zpsyof4oo9e.jpg~320x480

Still a work in progress but coming along

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I really like that setup, clean and simple. The stainless fluted barrel gives it nice contrast too and who doesn't like stainless, right?

Ha ha kinda what I was thinking as well.. An thanks, but I was a bit skeptical at first with how the shiny stainless would look all my ARs are black so wanted something different for the SPR. Its growing on me I have to say I really am liking it also.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    To cheap to build right now, brand new Colt LE6920MOE for $800 right now, why build?

If you ever have the intention of reselling, than that is the way to go. But if you're keeping it long term, than I would build. You could build a comparable rifle for at least $100 cheaper, probably more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom