• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Na not previous owners we just fondled it when we saw it on the wall. Almost broke and bought it because it was a fair price but we stayed strong :):
    very nice gun! Congrats

lol, man, I really did almost buy that when we went. I'm much happier I ended up with the FEG AMD tho :P

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Dang, I had thought the previous owner just was a bit liberal with teh use of the FrogLube grease. No wonder it did not smell like FrogLube. Good thing it got a bath before being allowed into the safe. First thing I did after bringing it home was to give it a thorough scrub. You just never know where they've been before coming to stay with you. Or, apparently what they were lubed with.

Haha! I don't know if it was that AR or another, but for real, one AR on that wall was lubed with something extra smelly. I kept saying to myself, what the hell is that smell!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Haha! I don't know if it was that AR or another, but for real, one AR on that wall was lubed with something extra smelly. I kept saying to myself, what the hell is that smell!

It must have been one of the others. This one was bone dry throughout when I disassembled it for cleaning.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    16326334150_b5843e4b2f_k.jpg

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Dang, I had thought the previous owner just was a bit liberal with teh use of the FrogLube grease. No wonder it did not smell like FrogLube. Good thing it got a bath before being allowed into the safe. First thing I did after bringing it home was to give it a thorough scrub. You just never know where they've been before coming to stay with you. Or, apparently what they were lubed with.

That was KY jelly.

MetGel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Columbus
    Just finished my first build. Thank you everyone for the advice, it really helped. But it was a lot easier than I thought and I'm already planing a new one. 12.jpg Anderson lower Magpul furniture and a 16" BCM upper.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Added this to the collection yesterday. It's a 1980 Colt SP1.
    I saw this last weekend when I stopped in there! Really cool to see a classic like this next some of the modern bravo companies on the wall. I had to think long and hard about walking away from what they where asking for it but too projects in the works. Congrats on the deal.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is my favorite AR (at the moment). It's an M&P 15OR that recently received a fresh set of Magpul parts. The optic is the Bushnell 1x4 24mm PCL AR scope on a Leupold mount. I still need to have someone thread it for a flash hider.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is a DPMS with an Eotech 512, cheap rail, Troy BUIS and decent sling. Overall though, it's a fun rifle and has had no issues to date. It will eventually get a BCM upper and better trigger, but I'm happy with it right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom