• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DontPanic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    mega.jpg Almost there! Mega Arms upper and lower receivers with DD lpk with a few seeking add ons, DD BCG, 16" DD barrel mid length system, not sure on the hand guard yet?
    >?>?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.

10.5" Ballistic Advantage 5.56 barrel with a pinned FSB
    BCM stripped upper
    BCM mod3 charging handle
    WMD NiB bcg
    Magpul PRO rear sight
    Magpul MOE SL handguard
    Gemtech Trek 5.56 suppressor

Mega Gator lower
    BCM mod3 grip
    BCM mod0 stock
    Magpul ASAP
    PSA premium lower build kit
    POF 4.5 lb single stage drop in trigger
    KNS pin set

Will have a Sparc 2 on it when I meet up with a fellow INGO member later today. Hopefully also get to shoot it today. Ballistic Advantage barrels are amazing. The company just paired up with Aero Precision and will hopefully be getting a lot more exposure. Great people putting out a great product.
    Aero Precision and Ballistic Advantage forge new partnership

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    C67JpXu.jpg

Got a little antsy today and did some painting. (Sorry about the huge size)

Very nice! It's nice to see guys treat these rifles like a rifle and not just a pretty thing that they don't want to ever scratch.

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    Well here it goes I guess...

Build Specs:
    AGP Forged SBR lower
    BCM Upper
    10.1in Lothar Walther 300 AAC Blackout barrel
    BCM Low Pro gas block, Pistol Gas system
    SilencerCo Specwar ASR Brake (Previously a Surefire MB762)
    PRI M84 Gas buster charging handle w/ Combat Latch
    BCM KMR 9" Handguard
    ALG Defense ACT Trigger
    Troy PDW Stock Kit (Includes Troy PDW bolt carrier group)

Overall Length: 22.9in Collapsed

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    Did you rebuild it to use as an SBR or arr you going to run two identical rifles: one SBR and one midlength?

It was originally a pinned 14.5 midlength rifle. I rebuilt this lower to SBR and am adding a second lower to complete a 5.56 rifle with a variable power optic for more general use. Both will have the specwar brake though so I can use the suppressor on either.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Very nice! It's nice to see guys treat these rifles like a rifle and not just a pretty thing that they don't want to ever scratch.
    I agree, but I'm a hypocrite . I really really want to paint a rifle someday. The only reason I haven't so far is because I always fear that I will end up selling it later and nobody will want a rifle the way that I painted it. It's the same reason I baby all the guns I own, always afraid that I will need to sell it later and will ruin the resale value and the chances of selling to anyone. I'm a worry wart with OCD and Anal Retentive, it's a challenge daily! :)

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    I agree, but I'm a hypocrite . I really really want to paint a rifle someday. The only reason I haven't so far is because I always fear that I will end up selling it later and nobody will want a rifle the way that I painted it. It's the same reason I baby all the guns I own, always afraid that I will need to sell it later and will ruin the resale value and the chances of selling to anyone. I'm a worry wart with OCD and Anal Retentive, it's a challenge daily! :)

I painted my very first AR that I owned and really regretted it when I went to sell it. Fortunately it went to a friend of mine who still has it! He didn't mind the beaten up appearance because it made it look weathered and well used.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Picture Thread!
    With Specs!
    And Busch Light! (not pictured)

Captain FrankenPistol
    (5.56)
    Eats steel cased ammo all day reliably, very fun and loud with awesome fireball from muzzle. More accurate than any of my friends anticipated.
    - Spikes Tactical "Punisher" lower
    - CMMG lower parts kit
    - Wolff Gun Springs "Trigger function pack" and "Extra power hammer spring"
    - DPMS upper receiver and bolt carrier assy
    - DPMS 10.5" barrel 1:9 twist Carbine Length (was 16" barrel, had cut and threaded)
    - Core 15 Charging Handle
    - ACE buffer tube assy, Damage Industries buffer and spring, wrapped in paracord
    - Bushnell TRS-25 red-dot on UTG QD riser
    - Surefire G2X Pro flashlight
    - Magpul K2 grip, winter trigger guard and SL handguards
    *Planning on adding some back-up iron sights in the future, in case of red-dot failure during "run and gun" moments through the woods on my way to DC that Eugene lied to us about.

mae2xd.jpg

The Picky Eater
    (5.56)
    Loves the brass stuff and is capable of 1-MOA groups at 100yds, but hasn't gotten the appetite for the steel cased stuff yet. Seems to be the bolt assy needs broken in more to start cycling steel cased ammo better. Only time will tell.
    - Ruger AR556
    - 16" Carbine length 1:8 twist barrel
    - Factory guts, except the charging handle is Core 15
    - Magpul Stock, K2 grip, SL handguards, vertical grip, qd sling socket
    - Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 BDC scope on Vortex Mount
    - Streamlight Polytac HP flashlight (2014 version)
    *Planning on adding an offset red-dot in the future, for those up close and personal moments while role-playing as Rick Grimes, mainly due to the irons being unusable without removing the scope first (4 screws retain the non-qd mount).

2e1r446.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

I know what you're saying. That's why I use Krylon and don't put a clear coat finish on it. That way I can just get the Krylon spray paint stripper and wash it all away.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I know what you're saying. That's why I use Krylon and don't put a clear coat finish on it. That way I can just get the Krylon spray paint stripper and wash it all away.
    Does that paint stripper mess the finish up on the receivers or anything? If not, I might have to try it on something. Maybe I need to pick up a beater rifle from a scratch and dent sale somewhere and have some fun for a change. All my stuff is always "business only", it would be nice to have something that I can get "dirty" with.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    How do you like that Vortex optic? Is it first or second focal plane?

I really like it, but, I'm a Noob, so, my opinion means squat.

It's a second focal point scope. I made sure it was (didn't want the reticle to zoom), however, after watching videos on 'first focal plane' scopes, not 100% sure I made right choice.

I REALLY like how easy it is to use both eyes. Some people complain the reticle doesn't get bright enough in bright sunlight. Well, the reticle is etched black on the glass so turn the reticle off in bright sunlight. Duh! The mount is very nice also; very light, but, very high quality. Very impressed with it. Anywho, haven't been able to take it to an outdoor range yet, so, zeroed it in @ 25 yrds. at Parabellum's (1" above bullseye, therefore, dead nuts @ 50 yrds. & out to what, 200 yrds. ?).

p.s. I have an S.O.E. single point bungee sling on the way.

Last edited:

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    Does that paint stripper mess the finish up on the receivers or anything? If not, I might have to try it on something. Maybe I need to pick up a beater rifle from a scratch and dent sale somewhere and have some fun for a change. All my stuff is always "business only", it would be nice to have something that I can get "dirty" with.

I used Acetone and never had any issues with the finish on any parts I've ever rattle canned. You'd probably be fine. I've yet to see any negative side effects from using acetone on my rifle. That's just me though. I didn't really research it before I did it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I used Acetone and never had any issues with the finish on any parts I've ever rattle canned. You'd probably be fine. I've yet to see any negative side effects from using acetone on my rifle. That's just me though. I didn't really research it before I did it.
    Thanks for the advice. I just may give this a shot.

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    I like to paint my guns. It's only a matter of time before they get the full custom treatment. They also get run pretty hard. They look even cooler after they've been banged around a bit.

Sunday's project:
    bzpodhD.jpg

f0GHg2Q.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom