20151227_161039_zps0dingdep.jpg

Less than a factory 6920.... waiting on larue for black Friday badger #2

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Got together and test fired. Functions as expected. Just need an optic now. Comes in at 5lb 10oz without mag.
    Parts list:
    Spikes FDE matched set
    AIM nitride BCG
    Faxon nitride 16" pencil profile with Vltor low pro gas block and melonite gas tube
    Midwest Industries 2 chamber muzzle brake
    Midwest Industries lightweight MLok rail
    Magpul Moe SL stock
    ALG QMS trigger for now

This is kinda what I had in mind for my ar15...mind me asking where you bought the barrel, gas block, rail, and brake?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Here's my Ar-15 build at the moment...

2015-12-27%2000.35.23_zpsuqave0ad.jpg

Just ordered the FDE magpul CTR stock tonight, and having the wife swing by Apache Tactical in Nashville to get the lower part kit...so only thing left is the buffer tube kit and the trigger one it shows up in the mail, then I'm off to the upper.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    This is kinda what I had in mind for my ar15...mind me asking where you bought the barrel, gas block, rail, and brake?
    I think I bought the brake from AIM surplus when I ordered the upper/lower set. The barrel I bought from right to bear.com. That's a hard barrel to find in stock. Can't remember where I bought the gas block

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Nice build! The flash-hider makes me think Ruger, am I close? One suggestion...consider getting a set of back up "iron" sights. Even if it is just a range toy, battery powered optics are known to give out at just the wrong time, so having a set of manual irons that you can still use will help salvage that range day, or in a more serious situation, give you a means of sighting the rifle if you are in a life or death situation.

The Magpul MBUS are great light weight and very affordable sights that would be great for that build. They fold flat out of the way and allow you to use that holo-sight unimpeded.

Dudelittle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Attica
    Yes the flash hider I borrowed from my 10/22 ,until I get the one I want ordered. I do plan on going with the mbus actually, after I purchase the rail section. And that optic will get change out for a better one someday.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yes the flash hider I borrowed from my 10/22 ,until I get the one I want ordered. I do plan on going with the mbus actually, after I purchase the rail section. And that optic will get change out for a better one someday.

SOunds great! That's the nice thing about AR's. You can start out with a quality budget build and as you save up put higher quality stuff on later as you can. Enjoy that rifle!

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    EaYo0St.jpg

Not the best image, but I put her back together after receiving her last week. Will test fire and retune the gas system on Thursday

Attachments

• received_10154293834866029.jpg
      received_10154293834866029.jpg
      125.9 KB · Views: 17

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I got a new KMR-13" handguard for Christmas this year, and got it installed on my 16" M&P15 yesterday. This is my first foray into the Keymod system, and I like it so far. Very slim profile and the accessories that do mount to it also keep a low profile. Can't wait to get out and shoot it!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    mLeObRYh.jpg

Slowly getting my Ruger SR-556 up to where I want her. Added a Vortex Viper 1-4 and not shown is a Geissele flat super three gun trigger. Next on the list is a Surefire muzzle brake and Scout light, then a Magpul UBR stock and pistol grip. Really liking the piston system so far really east to keep clean.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom