nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    DSC_7602w_zps75i0ntjw.jpg

Sold my 16" 9mm PSA and bought this 8" 9mm PSA. Added the SBA3 adjustable brace, ergo grip, CT flashlight, and offset sights. The TRS 25 is something I had lying around. Might change it out later. Only one range trip so far, but this is my new FUN gun! Reliable with fmj an hp. And a tennis racquet case is a good fit;

DSC_7600w_zpsjukhzsnf.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just finished this build up. Built it for my daughter as a b-day present. 16" ballistic advantage barrel. Aero lower. Anderson upper. Strike industries blue line parts. Alg act trigger. Strike triple crown comp. Tool craft bcg. Warne Xskel scope mount with a Vortex 2-7×32 scope.
    She loves shooting my Ars when we hit the range so i figured time for her own. She'll be a happy 9 year old for sure. And dont worry. She knows how to handle firearms. Ive had her shooting since she was 5.

2lcqz5i.jpg

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Updated!

Replaced my very expensive 16" Aero barrel with a $40 18" Bear Creek special. And finally got the Wilson Combat adjustable gas block (along with everything else) installed. Ready for the range proof-test!

Next up, some sort of PRS/Hera Arms/Ruger RPR stock to make it into more of a DMR. And a new optic. It's an ever changing goalpost, til it ain't.
    bc4a78fbe2fbe277d0781ba73878aa34.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle

10.5” PSA upper 5.56
    9” mlok rail
    Aero stripped lower
    PSA build kit
    SB Tactical SBA3 brace
    magpul grip and enhanced trigger guard
    streamlight pro tac rail mount 1
    holosun HS403GL

7” PSA upper 5.56
    6” mlok rail
    Anderson stripped lower
    PSA build kit
    KAK shockwave brace
    law tactical folder
    magpul grip and enhanced trigger guard
    olight pl-2 Valkyrie
    vortex sparc

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown

Snagged another Colt this week.
    From SN: appears to be right after the ban started 1994/1995.

Has the ole 5 rd clinton mags too.
    I think it is also unfired judging from all the grease and condition of it upon inspection.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Finally.
    Modified enough I probably need a new parts list.

18" Bear Creek .223 Wylde parkerized
    AR Stoner 15" rail and billet upper
    Wilson Combat adjustable gas block/tube
    VG6 Epsilon
    Aero Precision BCG
    POF Tomahawk CH
    Vortex Spitfire 1x
    Anderson lower with Strike Enhanced LPK
    Strike Viper Modular Fixed Stock
    MIAD grip throwback to my obsession with the late great Magpul Foliage Green
    5d86bdfc746e7a828793504dbee5ca3d.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Ldubs are nice! Mine isn't quite as color coordinated though.

Still want to put a KE Arms trigger in it. Just cannot wring the potential out of it with the stock bang switch.

AdamP123

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    West-Central
    Ldubs are nice! Mine isn't quite as color coordinated though.

Still want to put a KE Arms trigger in it. Just cannot wring the potential out of it with the stock bang switch.

I have tried multiple KE triggers and I can assure you with 100% confidence that they are nothing special. Personally, I'd recommend the LaRue MBT-2S. If you haven't tried one, give it a shot. You will not be disappointed... especially at the price point.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I have tried multiple KE triggers and I can assure you with 100% confidence that they are nothing special. Personally, I'd recommend the LaRue MBT-2S. If you haven't tried one, give it a shot. You will not be disappointed... especially at the price point.

Which triggers have you used? The DMR or the SLT?

AdamP123

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    West-Central
    Which triggers have you used? The DMR or the SLT?

Both. I wouldn't call them bad, but they aren't anything special. The one cool thing about the SLT is that you can put the rifle on safe when the hammer is in the up position. That's not a huge selling point for me, but I can see its appeal. I'm also not a huge fan of drop-in triggers. That is just my personal preference.

After trying a ton of triggers, I honestly think that the LaRue is an extremely good all-round FCG that is tough to beat. It is fast and has a very nice two-stage feel if you want to use it. I also like Geissele FCGs, but at less then half the price, the LaRue wins easily for me.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'll keep the LWRC ball rolling. This is actually my first AR, and my decision was influenced heavily by my left-handedness. My apologies for the poor quality; these were taken using the photo function on my camcorder (I need a new proper digital camera). It's their DI rifle with the MLOK handguard, and I've gone with a pretty minimalist setup thus far; LWRC Skirmish BUIS, Trijicon MRO Patrol, and Magpul MVG. A light will be added as well, eventually. The position of the MRO may be subject to change.

r0uz2h.jpg

ogidqu.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I'll keep the LWRC ball rolling. This is actually my first AR, and my decision was influenced heavily by my left-handedness. My apologies for the poor quality; these were taken using the photo function on my camcorder (I need a new proper digital camera). It's their DI rifle with the MLOK handguard, and I've gone with a pretty minimalist setup thus far; LWRC Skirmish BUIS, Trijicon MRO Patrol, and Magpul MVG. A light will be added as well, eventually. The position of the MRO may be subject to change.

r0uz2h.jpg

ogidqu.jpg

Very nice set up. How do you like the MRO? I was trying to decide between and MRO and a vortex uh1. The wife made the decision for me for Christmas, but now the grass is greener on the other side. Haha

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    Very nice set up. How do you like the MRO? I was trying to decide between and MRO and a vortex uh1. The wife made the decision for me for Christmas, but now the grass is greener on the other side. Haha

Thanks; so far I quite like the MRO, the anodized aluminum body definitely feels durable and the killflash that comes with the Patrol version doesn't really impede my view even in dimmer light. Many have said that MROs in general tend to have parallax issues; to be perfectly honest I can see a little bit of that with mine but it doesn't seem very pronounced and likely wouldn't be a problem shooting at the shorter ranges which you normally would with a red dot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom