• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I kept going back to those pictures thinking something didn't look right, but I was focused on the buffer / buffer retainer. Apparently my subconscious knew something I didn't....

-rvb

Dang fellas... you just made me pause Bret Baier and pull out an AR to look. It should be smooth. Change out the end plate. That could definatley be the issue.

On a side note- I'll admit to installing a disc spring upside down. You'll only do it once. ;)

:ingo:

Last edited:

ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I kept going back to those pictures thinking something didn't look right, but I was focused on the buffer / buffer retainer. Apparently my subconscious knew something I didn't....

-rvb

You, sir, are absolutely correct. I can't believe I missed that but I that's how it goes. I performed multiple function checks on the fcg and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I put the RRA upper on the Anderson lower and it charged fine, put the PSA upper on RRA lower and it also charged fine.

The charging handle on the PSA upper must not have the clearance as what is on the RRA. The end plate that is causing the issue was on the lower when I bought it. I will just have to modify or replace.

Thanks a lot RVB, good eye.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    You, sir, are absolutely correct. I can't believe I missed that but I that's how it goes. I performed multiple function checks on the fcg and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I put the RRA upper on the Anderson lower and it charged fine, put the PSA upper on RRA lower and it also charged fine.

The charging handle on the PSA upper must not have the clearance as what is on the RRA. The end plate that is causing the issue was on the lower when I bought it. I will just have to modify or replace.

Thanks a lot RVB, good eye.

you're welcome. Glad we found it. Make sure it's not something simple like the end plate was installed upside down allowing it to slide up or something.

should look like this....
    http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7756/stakedcastlenut.jpg

Attachments

• stakedcastlenut.jpg
      stakedcastlenut.jpg
      21.5 KB · Views: 27

ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    It's an end plate sling adapter. I'm just going to get a std end plate to put on since I won't be running a sling on this. I'm not even sure what brand it is as it was on the lower when I bought it.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I hate to resurrect a 2 year old thread, but I just spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to tell if my BCG was hitting my buffer retainer pin. And sure enough, it wasn't. It was hitting the top of an off brand end plate.

Pull the rear take down pin and the BCG and charging handle ran like buttered glass. But as soon as the rear take down pin was locked in, it would barely slide back. I figured it had to be the retainer pin.

Thanks INGO for the fix!! :yesway:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I hate to resurrect a 2 year old thread, but I just spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to tell if my BCG was hitting my buffer retainer pin. And sure enough, it wasn't. It was hitting the top of an off brand end plate.

Pull the rear take down pin and the BCG and charging handle ran like buttered glass. But as soon as the rear take down pin was locked in, it would barely slide back. I figured it had to be the retainer pin.

Thanks INGO for the fix!! :yesway:

:yesway:

Top Bottom